MAKING MONEY ONLINE (My Favourite Method)

Cameron Hill

Hey there guys, so I've seen a lot of confusion about how people can actually make money online. I posted this somewhere, but I thought I'd put it as a thread too so more people see it. My weapon of choice so to speak when it comes to making money online is email marketing. That doesn't mean all I do is send out emails, in fact I hardly spend any time doing that at all, but that's where the money is generated.

It's my weapon of choice because, after some setup, it gives you your time back. It gives you freedom to do what you want when you want it. AND it has massive capacity for scaling up to make a lot more money.

The basic idea (the way that I do it, and that I'd recommend) is to build an email list, that is, a list of email addresses.

You do this by driving traffic to a "squeeze" page (aka opt-in page) you create to do with a certain niche. You offer an ebook, a video course etc.. a FREE gift, and then they put in their email address so you can send it to them.

Then, you build a relationship with them (optional but I recommend it), and then you send them good products that other people have made, usually in a series of emails, they click on your links and you get a cut.

So steps for you:

1. pick a niche
2. find an autoresponder, eg aweber, getresponse, sendlane
3. build a squeeze page (don't worry if you don't have tech skills, there are ways around that)
4. set up a series of autoresponder emails that automatically send to the email address when obtained (with your affiliate links inside)
4.5 drive people to this squeeze page (called "traffic") via paid advertising (eg paid clicks, facebook ads, etc.) or free advertising (eg. blog, YouTube, podcasts) or a combination of both.
5. also do this with broadcasts, which you send out every day/ a couple times a week.
6. Make 200$/month (quite easy, you can scale this up a lot and make a lot more, as others have said!)

That's the basic process in my eyes. As you can see it's really quite simple. What helped me big time was finding mentors and investing in courses.

If you have any questions about specific steps in the process, please do post below! I'm here to help anyway I can. I relied on great mentors helping me in the beginning, so I'm just looking to "pay it forward". :)

All the best

Cam

Dazin

Hi Cameron Hill,
Thanks for your sharing.
I saw you talk about sending mail automatically (Aweber, getResponse, sendlane). You can share more of them. What autoresponder software are you are using. What software you use with good results and efficiency?

Miguelito203

Even though I know Squeeze pages seem to be all the rage, I've never just sent traffic to an opt-in page that wasn't part of a blog. For some reason, it seems weird to me. I don't know why when I have actually signed up to some of them myself. With that said, I don't think I've ever actually bought something from someone whose squeeze page I've signed up to. I've always done it for the free gift. Whenever I have purchased a product, I recall it always being from someone's blog that I really like - one that I follow on a regular basis.

Joey

ivanab

6. Make 200$/month (quite easy, you can scale this up a lot and make a lot more, as others have said!)
You meant $200/day right :)

This is the simple process for sure, yet for many is not that easy! Why? They need to learn about tracking.

knowing exactly which page is converting - meaning split tests!

Second, there are so many details on ads they need to learn.

For example, for me the highest conversions on my squeeze page are, when my ad text is very similar to my squeeze page text. In that case I can get 50-75% conversions on my squeeze page.

EpicGlobalWeb

The post office released some data on direct mail (offline marketing). They and others have said that personalized direct mail pays back $50 for each $1 spent.

Of course online marketing efforts have slightly lower ROI but this is a key pointer to take a mental note of: personalization.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.