SEEKING - Which hosting is to be preferred for handling the ecommerce website?

CyberAlchemist

I have already got an ecommerce website but it ran pretty slowly on my hosting. I need to know which hosting i need to use to maintain the traffic that would come and run it faster.
How much it will cost?

Rob Whisonant

Personally I would get an entry level VPS and scale it up as your traffic grows. That way you keep your costs low in the beginning.

Reactions: CyberAlchemist

NuWebHosting

NuWebHosting
I recommend the same to everyone, although installing an ecommerce cms, depending on which on you choose and number of products, most hosting companies have a simple button click upgrade option, or if you go with a managed service, then they should do the migration and upgrade for you.

Some organizations if offering a coupon sale, in order to receive that deal, then client must do upgrade. It's a way to keep you tied into the plan and discourage from getting the better deal.

virtubox

At first, what eCommerce software do you use ? Because they not have all the same requirements to run properly.
But a VPS is the best solution to start because you will have guaranteed resources instead of sharing them with others websites. It will also provide you the ability to install extensions or software which could make your website loading faster.

CyberAlchemist

Personally I would get an entry level VPS and scale it up as your traffic grows. That way you keep your costs low in the beginning.
it is a great advice but as I am testing an ecommerce site, it has many plugins which can cause high load on shared hosting, so I should have a VPS for it?
At first, what eCommerce software do you use ? Because they not have all the same requirements to run properly.
But a VPS is the best solution to start because you will have guaranteed resources instead of sharing them with others websites. It will also provide you the ability to install extensions or software which could make your website loading faster.
I am using Wordpress and wooecommerce, go with it there are many plugins which cause high load when testing with a shared hosting and it loaded really slowly.

SenseiSteve

Before you move, make sure your WordPress site is optimized or you'll end up taking the problem with you. One tool to check with is GTmetrix. What hosting are you using now, and what type of resources are you consuming?

MechanicWeb-shoss

I have already got an ecommerce website but it ran pretty slowly on my hosting. I need to know which hosting i need to use to maintain the traffic that would come and run it faster.
How much it will cost?
You need a hosting that allows adequete server resources to run your scripts. You may also need to have a look at the script itself to see if it is the reason for bad performance.

vishwa

Yes, I agree with above comments. VPS is a good choice for hosting a eCommerce website. For VPS hosting you can go with Liquidweb, Photon VPS, Etc. You can also visit the hosting Section of this forum for some great deals.

Mike001

VPS is always a great choice for most any site that has a fair amount of traffic. All the benefits have already been pointed out.

What types of products are you selling? The reason I ask that question is that there are many options to setting up an eCommerce site that DO NOT include a WordPress plugin.

WordPress is inherently slow, as I am sure you are aware. The system that runs in the background of WordPress is huge and there are many aspects of the application that are there that are probably not being used on your particular site. That is just the nature of the beast. But I can understand why you are using WordPress as it is extremely popular.

Do you require a storefront with your products? Are they physical goods or digital products? If they are digital, are you hosting the products yourself or are they hosted by a 3rd party? What type of payment gateway are you using? Do you have access to the payment gateway API.

There are a lot of good products out there that allow Pay Now buttons that can become a part of the site itself. They are just added to an existing page on your site. Very low overhead to have these function for you. They add almost no bloat (size) to the page, there is a little, but very little, and they can function quite well.

If you need any help let me know.

Just some thoughts to think about....

mellisas

How much it will cost?
If your eCommerce website hosting more then 100 products then its always better to go with VPS with minimum 2GB RAM and once traffic increased you can upgrade your VPS to higher plan.

server cookie

I would recommend starting out with vps. Its the cheapest option if you feel that you have alot of traffic then id recommend either getting a vpd with more ram or upgrading to a dedicated server. For great service and pricing check out copperhost. There a pleasure to deal with.

sushmanayan82

I am using VPS of hostwinds . it is very good & cheap also.
you can have a look for it.
Thanks

BuzzBrand

I tought VPS is good also, but i was wrong if you know how to setup your servers, and know where are your customers from you can get a lot faster results with cheaper price, for example my 6mb front page loads 96% faster on any tested website on pingdom, or loads in 1s only, and no VPS at all i pay 10$ monthly, and i have a lot of trafic.

watersquad

Before you move, make sure your WordPress site is optimized or you'll end up taking the problem with you

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.