What are the best things that can be done to beautify a website?

Markadler

There are many tips for making a beautiful website on the internet but they seems too much to learn and I am getting confused on that. I want to know what are the best things that can be done to beautify a website that attract your visitors or customers...Can any one share a few tips to make a website beautiful?

Mike001

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What may be an absolutely beautiful website to you, I might find completely unpleasant. Most of it depends on your topic and your audience.

There are some basic rules that all of us follow about balance on page content, font distribution, image balance, color balance, contrast, etc and there are many books on how those types of pages are laid out.

But to design a beautiful web site is to design a page that your viewers find beautiful. If I had a target audience of Country Music fans there idea of a beautiful website would be far different than a target audience of punk rockers. Both sites might be excellent in their layout, images, colors and contrast but I would be willing to bet that the audiences would not like the others site just based on subject.

Remember designing a site and a page is an artistic process.

Rob Whisonant

Like Mike said, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. But here is my 2 cents on the subject and what I like to see.

1. A clean site with plenty of white space
2. Good use of images without overloading the site
3. Strategically placed ads that are not in your face
4. A site that is mobile responsive and is easy to navigate on all viewing screens

What I do not like.

1. Sites that try to load tons of ads
2. Sites that make you jump through hoops to see the content
3. Sites with aggressive pop-ups
4. Sites that look very busy to the eye
5. Sites that look like they came out of the 90s

Hope that helps a little.

Ron Killian

Some great tips already.

One important thing, make it pleasant to read. Like rob said with plenty of white space. Don't make long paragraphs, no one likes reading that on the net. Just making you content easy and enjoyable to read can go a long way to making a beautiful site.

empresa87

Hi,

Videos.
Infographics.
Clean, simple and interesting text.

The most important is to answer as simply as possible the needs of visitors. Remember that they do not want to make too much effort.

EpicGlobalWeb

rob said:
4. A site that is mobile responsive and is easy to navigate on all viewing screens
This one change alone, when redesigning, can literally double ad conversion rates now that 2/3rds of all browsing is done by phone.

LindaJohnson

Today, it is very important to have an eye catching website to make your online business successful. To have a beautiful and money making website, there are some important points to keep in mind like easy website navigation, high quality images, using the right fonts, user friendly website, good website loading speed etc.

Claire_Anderson

If you want to create an attractive website then redesign your website.

1. Your website should have a creative and a simple design.
  2. Add smart choice of colors and high definition images to make your website appealing. The background of the website also play an important role in increasing the number of users.
  3. But do not load too many graphics in your website.
  4. Pay attention to the fonts that you use in your website because every font is used to portray a special meaning to the audience.
  5. Add simple navigation in your website. Users do not like too complicated interface.
  6. For attracting traffic to the website, the UI is very important but the contents that the website offer are equally important. Add high quality contents in your website.
The professional looking UI and high quality contents increase a high amount of traffic in the website.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.