Is SEO a waste of time?

aceofadsense

Virtually everything I read and practice regarding SEO simply spells out the importance of building backlinks and quality content - including on-page SEO and off-page SEO.
If just building backlinks then it spends pretty your time while you can not maintain or know exactly the result that search engines will give you. Instead of that, we should focus on creating quality content for our audience.
Am I right on this? Is SEO a waste of time?

Please share your thoughts!

SEOPub

Building quality content would be a bigger waste of time than SEO.

Create all the content you want. Who the hell is going to find it, much less read it?

Now if you have another plan for traffic, great. But if you think that just by building "quality content" Google is magically going to send interested visitors to your site, you are sorely mistaken.

nesito29

I don't know where you are reading that but there is so much more to SEO than that. It's true that SEO can bring in awesome results but it's not a short-term strategy. In fact, it's the opposite (for a new site, it usually takes around 6 months to see significant results, sometimes longer).

The easiest and the best way to build links — IMO — is through relationship building and establishing yourself as an authority. However, you can also do it through cold outreach. It will be less effective than having some sort of previous connection with the webmaster, blogger, reporter, etc. but it's doable.

What you need to do is constantly promote your content. Waiting for Google to magically find it and rank you first is a waste of time because it won't happen (99% of the time, depends on the competition and your authority).

Find people who write about your industry and ask them to help you share your post. The "share" means a social share or link to you (it's up to them, not you to decide).

Social shares will help you build an audience on social networks — it's important for content distribution.
Links will help increase domain and page authority.

One of the things I see people obsessing about is rankings. If your site is new, ranking won't happen anytime soon. Instead, focus on increasing your domain authority and building an audience; guest blogging is a great way to go — focus on quality over quantity.

A link from copyblogger.com will be worth a lot more — in "link juice" whatever that means — than a link from a no name site.

And the most important of all. BE PATIENT. Getting blogging traction takes on average 18 months to see significant results.

Rob Whisonant

I suck at SEO. But here us what I do that seems to work. I'm sure if I took the time (plan to) and really learned SEO I would have a lot more traffic. But, for now this seems to do the trick for me.

I create content that solves problems. I then share the link to it on different discussion groups. Some bloggers either curate the article on their site or post a link referencing it in an article they write. Do I get a lot of links? No, but I do get some. Once this happens I start seeing traffic from the search engines. Not a lot, but some.

I really do need to make the time to learn proper SEO.

Muzzamil

Virtually everything I read and practice regarding SEO simply spells out the importance of building backlinks and quality content - including on-page SEO and off-page SEO.
If just building backlinks then it spends pretty your time while you can not maintain or know exactly the result that search engines will give you. Instead of that, we should focus on creating quality content for our audience.
Am I right on this? Is SEO a waste of time?

Please share your thoughts!
SEO takes time but it brings a lot of organic traffic. If you keep learning about SEO, you would understand what I am trying to say. Since it's free, it will take time and if you were paying for it, you will see results a lot quicker. SEO is usually used for long term.

madhuri04

SEO is not a waste of time, but rather it shouldn't be your sole concentrate either.

SEO will help you drive natural hunt movement to your site, however on a more profound level inbound showcasing is truly only a considerable measure of judgment skills. Write compelling content for human consumption, make websites easy to browse and user friendly, eliminate broken links, get mentioned by authoritative figures in your industry etc.

You should also spend time building an audience on social media, so you have a platform from which to promote your products/services. Social signals play a role in SEO as well, so your killing two birds with one stone.

hrishivardhan

Strategy like SEO could never be a waste of time. rather than it is the most useful technique one should concentrate on it. every digital marketer knows that SEO can get us almost HALf of the overall traffic for the site. and that is very big number. of course we should follow new trends for better traffic and user engagements. but without SEO you can not get the quality traffic.

ivanab

I would say... Yes and NO! It is just one source of traffic :) don't ever rely on just one! You want to have multiple for sure.

adityapradhan

Something like SEO can never be a waste of time. But yes, it requires a lot of patience to see the results of your efforts. Which is where a lot of players lose the race when they give up half way. Yes, sure you must invest in quality content for your website but whats the use if your target audience doesn't get to see your efforts? SEO is what will help you reach your prospective customers.

Manish

SEO at its core is the art and science of making high quality content easier to find on search engines. The key point being ‘quality content’ that helps customers answer questions that lead to purchase or some other business outcome. Most of Google’s algorithm updates are designed to reward good articles and punish spam. While it may not always feel like it, most of Google’s best practices for SEO are actually on your side, you just need to learn and master them.

robertcop1001

If you make black Hat SEO strategy so yes this is waste of your time. Actually Search Engine Optimization is not only for on-site and off--site SEO. The main purpose of search engine optimization is research. Quality competition research, Keywords research and content analysis and research is provide you white hat SEO solution without any on-site and off-site you definitely increase top rankings.

Search engines optimization is nothing a gaming work. Advanced updates monitor website activities. Webmaster strictly allow only white hat SEO method. Traffic generation is nothing a major issue. Social media activities generate more quality and relevant traffic.

In the end of the talk. SEO is very profitable for eCommerce and advertisements websites. Proper optimization work generate leads and increase sales. So my point of view is very simple if you need more business, product sales so yes SEO, SEM, SMO is a best solution to increase your website visibility and traffic generation. Proper ongoing SEO strategy is nothing waste your time.

eioapqoeke

Once you rank the website on top of SERP on any of the major 3 search engines the income starts coming in and SEO is certainly not waste of time. One should remember not to do Blackhat backlinks and stick to quality sources with building links. Also the content should be of top quality for Level 1 backlinks and on the main website while you can use a great article spinner for level 2 and level 3 backlinks.

Nemanja

Premium Member
I would say... Yes and NO! It is just one source of traffic :) don't ever rely on just one! You want to have multiple for sure.
What is "Yes" in this answer? SEO is a waste of time for someone doesn't have enough time to do SEO and go with paid ads?

...Also the content should be of top quality for Level 1 backlinks and on the main website while you can use a great article spinner for level 2 and level 3 backlinks.
I don't see more people using article spinner tools nowadays, they are generating terrible articles even for search engines. I think so.

ivanab

Yes, because..you might work a lot on creating those backlinks, and one day...new update by Google and your ranking drops... It is not reliable...that is why I said, it would be great to have multiple sources.

kathyclark_sams

No, SEO is a future. Content will remain a king. Dont mingle it. Everyone can write unique and best content and can influence Google, But Gone are the days that anyone could spam Google. Google is much more smarter than you and me. SEO plays a vital role in coming future.

William Bethman

SEO isn't a waste of time at all.
We live in a world full of competition where every website owner wants to get higher ranking in SERP.
This isn't easily possible without SEO.
If one knows which techniques to apply and which one to avoid, then he/she can easily rank higher within weeks.
Hope, this'll be helpful for You.

kb24

You are either going to spend your time or money.. SEO does take time it does work if your patient. You can also go the paid route but if you do it wrong you can lose money quickly. Time is something you can't get back..

hynds

SEO is always the most important channel in general Digital marketing. This will help you in your long term campaign and drive organic traffic for your website, so I think SEO is never waste your time. In order to avoid waste your time, I think you need to prepare a good plan and budget on it. Doing SEO is not a thing that getting result instantly, in many cases it will take you 6 months - 12 months or even more to see the acceptable result.

Good luck to you,

Claire_Anderson

The contents of the website is indeed very important but seo is not a waste of time. It takes time to increase the website rank. The companies optimize their website for the searching engines, to improve the website rank and visibility. If the new companies would not optimize their websites then the users wouldn't even know that the company exists.
Even if you add high quality content in the website, the contents will go to waste because you will not get any traffic. Seo is very important. Without seo your website will get buried under thousand of websites that are already optimized for the searching engine.

FreebieBoy34

Definitely not! SEO is one of the foundations for you to have better SE rankings. I actually don't know where you get this idea, but you need to do SEO in order to succeed in business...

Older threads
Replies
Views
sss
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.