How to get traffic from Pinterest

GordonJ

After doing marketing on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter, I am wanting to move to Pinterest to get some traffic there but I have no idea on how to market to drive traffic to my site from this social network. Does any one have experience with Pinterest, please share some basic tips that I should go with?

ivanab

I can drive a ton of traffic from Pinterest. But it does not work for every niche.

You you have a site in Health and Food category, as well as shopping...Those work very well.

But here are some tips:

1. You need to establish your account first - make it look real. (setup a business acct)
2. Brand it with your business image
3. Set up 5-10 niche relevant boards pin around 800-1000 HOT pins to those boards (spend an hour per day pinning)
4. You need to build up your account for 7-10 days before you can promote your own stuff! (do not promote your own images right away)
5. Follow 50-100 people per day.
6. like few images here and there.
7. After 7 -10 days you are ready to pin.
8. Get yourself added to the groups!
9. VERY important...Never pin the same url twice or you will be get banned from Pinterest.

Reactions: YARTranslations

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
This sounds like a heck of a lot of work. Is your ROI (actually return on time investment) worth it?

ivanab

ivanab

Hi Rob, actually that is only to set it up so you can drive traffic to it.

Once it is setup, you really don't need to spend a lot of time on it. 15-20 min per day. Plus there are softwares that can take over some of the work (once the account is established)

Yes, it is worth it... When a pin goes viral, you get ton of visitors.

And if you are building a list, or having google adsense on your site. You will profit for sure.

Dazin

Follow me to earn FOLLOWER from Pinterest

Case 1: Follow
Similar to other social networks, to be able to advertise on social networks you have accounts with multiple fllower, many friend, so actively follow others to increase follower for yourselves. According to survey the rate back on Pinterest follow is about 10%, that is, when you follow 100 people, will have about 10 people who follow you.
Previously Pinterest opened in the comfortable spam followers, but now it has more stringent. I suggest you follow a day at most 70 people.

Case 2: Comment on the pin more people interested.

Case 3: is used in the description tag # pictures, this helps users to find your images when they search for related topics.

Case 4: Replace backlink profile pictures with your link. This will increase the number of people viewing your profile -> Increase follower.

Case 5: Know what users liked Pinterest
Most of Pinterest users are women. What women that pleasure? Of course, shopping, dining, travel, beauty, pet ... It is easy to be Repin topics most, so you should invest more in this category.

EpicGlobalWeb

This is somewhat off-topic, but I'll say whoever understands Pinterest Marketing seems to do pretty well. I knew a guy who sold women's lingerie on Pinterest and got so big Victoria's Secret bought him out (and then shut it down, lol).

The market there is mostly 6+ figure women who like to buy.

My problem is... I don't understand women. Been married for years and now I know even less. ??

ivanab

ivanab

hahahahaha

Pinterest is kind of like a wish list... list of things: "I am interested in" "I want to know more about" "I want to buy" :)

matteomatt

One thing to take advantage of is that Pinterest is good for pictures. So get some eye catching and good pictures to post on there. If they are even related somewhat to your niche, it can attract viewers. Based on the guy above it might be a good idea to get some other beauty and women products that sell with pictures.

tunescool

i have a newer account and im sure if yours is too, you just have to get lucky with your pins

whatever your image looks like, whatever niche, if it catches on it catches on

ive been getting repins like every 5 minutes the last 5 days for one of my pins, 4000 repins. im getting some good traffic but its just an infographic the chicks just read it and pin it to their board

i pinned mine once like 2 months ago, one or two people repin it 2 months later, it gets on their boards, others see it, repin it, all of a sudden im getting good traffic everyday

you can repin links over and over again, even affiliates, dont listen to anyone who says you cant. maybe that was an older thing pinterest didnt allow

ivanab

hm...double pinning got many accounts in trouble. And direct affiliate linking was never allowed. But glad it is working for you...I hope it stays that way.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.