Why use blogs to build PBNs?

Rob Whisonant

This is really a curiosity question. When people build PBNs why do they seem to only use blogs?

Why don't they use a variety of site types like static, forums, download sites, other CMS types etc?

Seems having a variety of site types pointing to you would be less of a footprint and more natural looking.

What are your thoughts on this?

Rob Whisonant

I'm wondering if the name PBN is perpetuating the thinking to use only blogs? Maybe it should have been called PLNs or PSNs.

SEOPub

SEOPub
I actually wrote a course about building them a couple of years ago. One of the first things I put in the course was "let's stop calling them PBN's". The traditional blog type style is a dead giveaway of what you are trying to do.

On the other hand, throwing up a blog in Wordpress is easy, and most IM'ers are lazy. It is, unfortunately, what drew them to internet marketing in the first place... All the BS about a 4-hour work week and working from your laptop on the beach, etc.

Rob Whisonant

This actually brings up another question to ask some people.

If you have built or use a PBN that is ALL blogs, why did you decide to just use blogs?

Miguelito203

When I first heard about them, blogs seemed to be what people were using (after a lot of the free article directories started getting crushed by the search engines and stuff). From what I know (correct me if I'm wrong), aren't they just a modern version of the link wheel from back in the day that the search engines did not like? That's why I don't use them. Plus, I know a lot of those crappy MLM programs said that they used such things, and once a lot of people signed up, the search engines would catch wind of it, and it would disappear.

Joey

TCoder

I would think one would want to use straight HTML pages..

1) You don't have to worry about a database..
2) You can get FREE hosting for simple HTML Websites all over the place.

I think people use blogs, because they have very little coding skills and they are familiar with "wordpress" or "joomla" and they just go from their.

In my head I call it - Public Website Network with Backlink Profiles - It's the same thing.

hrishivardhan

There's a simple reason behind it. if you have multiple blogs then it's very easy to interconnect them. instead of mixture of the website's and blogs. so people prefer to use blogs for pnbs. there's another reason for blogs because it consumes content as much as we can make it.

TCoder

One of the reasons why I don't link the CMS route, is because it's very difficult to page sculpt those sites.

HostLittle

This is really a curiosity question. When people build PBNs why do they seem to only use blogs?

Why don't they use a variety of site types like static, forums, download sites, other CMS types etc?

Seems having a variety of site types pointing to you would be less of a footprint and more natural looking.

When I am building a PBN for a specific niche, I like "diversify my portfolio" with rss reeds, blogs, forums, media and such.

StasVa

I think the reason is to "put them on the conveyor". I mean the process is very simple and intuitive. You can easily automatize it.

In my personal view, generally it's quite smart to diverse type of donors page/websites.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.