Why would my permalinks change?

Ron Killian

I recently posted a new post on one of my blogs and noticed the permalinks have changed. I did not change them.

I have always had them set to custom: /%postname%.html

They have always been that way.

But my new post today, the post is sitename.com/post/post-name

Why the /post/ and the missing .html? Now,all my older posts have the same permalinks. So links out there are all going to be broken now.

I double checked my permalinks, and it's still set the same. I even resaved them a couple times. I checked my htaccess file and it's not in there.

Can't think were else to look. Haven't added any new plugins lately. Nothing odd or out of place.

I use Premium SEO pack and dont' see any permalink settings in there, plus I don't remember messing with that lately.

Only plugin I've added recently, been a couple weeks, was Thrive Headline Optimizer. But I deactivated it and no diff. And I see no permalinks settings there either.

Any thoughts? Stumped.

-------EDIT-----

I checked my old blog posts and it looks like they are still working. So that is good. Still don't get why the structure changed.

What else controls permalinks besides wordpress and htaccess? I can't believe that a newer version of wordpress would have done this.

vishwa

The things looking weird to me. Haven't face any issue like this before. however you can do few things. Revert your wordpress theme to a default one. if problem persist try to deactivate all of your plugins and reactive them to check the issues. you may also contact your hosting provider, may be your site have some malicious codes.

webdesign

I recently posted a new post on one of my blogs and noticed the permalinks have changed. I did not change them.

I have always had them set to custom: /%postname%.html
Have you used a plugin to change from/%postname%/ to /%postname%.html ?

They have always been that way.

But my new post today, the post is sitename.com/post/post-name
You need to change back if not, your site can get SEO problems.

I checked my old blog posts and it looks like they are still working. So that is good. Still don't get why the structure changed.

What else controls permalinks besides wordpress and htaccess? I can't believe that a newer version of wordpress would have done this.
Have you updated to latest version of Wordpress recently?

What else controls permalinks besides wordpress and htaccess?
Settings - > permalinks is controlling this.

Unless someone made changes on your site or the plugin that you used for changing to .html out of date or didn't work with new wordpress version.

Check out that.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.