What are the common mistakes internet marketers make?

fromrachel

I could think of out of these points which internet marketers made.

Wrong target marketing
Do not leverage others' knowledge and tactics.
Aiming to high
Aiming to low
Being Spammy
Being generic
Poor at sale page.
Poor at design.
Not scaling their business.

Finally I would hear opinions from someone who has experience in internet marketing niche.

Rob Whisonant

I would add...

Not knowing the product
Making business decisions while desperate
Hopping from one niche or marketing method to another

Muzzamil

Wrong target marketing
Aiming to high
Aiming to low
Being Spammy
Being generic
Poor at sale page.
Poor at design.

Finally I would hear opinions from someone who has experience in internet marketing niche.
Many marketers go from one marketing strategy to another. For example, they try to do video marketing, banner ads, paid SEO, and other marketing strategies all at once. While it is best to stick one marketing strategy as a beginner Internet Marketer. Also beginning marketer are also very impatient and expect instant results.

Rob Whisonant

Just thought of a major one.

Learning from the wrong person. I'm talking learning theory from a marketer that is currently faking it till they hopefully make it. :)

Best person to learn from is from someone that actually is very successful doing what they are teaching.

TheStrugglingNewb

I will have to go with trying to be a jack of all trades instead of being a master of one.

You have to find one strategy that fits you best and stick with it until you can get
it working for you.

It doesn't matter if it's video marketing, CPA marketing, e-commerce, email marketing or whatever.

Also, like Rob said, find someone who is already successful at what you want to learn and
learn as much as you can from them.

Watch their videos, read their blog posts, reach out to them in any way that you can and learn.

hynds

I see that the common mistake that many guys make that are giving up too soon. People don't want to spend much time and money but they want to earn fast, if they can not get in the short time, they will give up very soon.
My business take me about 3-5 years to run smoothly and stable, so I think the try hard time is the most important.

SamanthaBrey82

Number one: Not having enough patience.

All too often people hear these stories about making tons of money on the Internet, and they think they can just put up a little blog and quick their day job. Doesn't work like that these days. It takes time, patience, effort and a lot of research to be successful online, and it won't happen overnight.

So if I could add one thing to your list, it would be patience :)

selenagomez1

The most important key point here is PATIENCE and EFFORT.

There are many internet marketers who are ready to earn hundreds of dollars on the Internet, but there are also a lot getting failed, or ever getting very disappointed since they heard someone earning much money online, then they follow them to quit their day job.

Internet is very big, you can earn more from it, but you have to be patient. Do not always ask why you can not gain big amount of money while putting a little effort! Work harder and gain better!

matteomatt

I will explain some of my mistakes I made, as I failed at one point and had to quit. I did not plan for the long-term, and mostly relied on blackhat and spam methods. There is nothing wrong with short-term methods, but eventually many of them die out.

You need to also be building some sort of long term business like an actual website with SEO.

I also had terrible time management skills, and wasted most of my time messing around on forums as opposed to actually marketing. If I have any advice it would be this, pick a niche / campaign / website to work on, and spend most of your time working on it. Researching on forums like this is important as well, but make sure you manage your time properly and plan for a long term cashflow as well as short term.

EpicGlobalWeb

Wrong target marketing
Aiming to high
Aiming to low
Being Spammy
Being generic
Poor at sale page.
Poor at design.

This is a pretty decent list, very thorough. However, I don't believe one can every aim too high. But maybe your point was more about thinking one person can do it all themselves? That was a mistake I made and still make sometimes.

You can't do every aspect of marketing you need to do yourself. You will eventually have to buy articles, go on fiverr, or hire a developer for something. I can admit my dumbest mistake was trying to learn how to do everything without any help.

Also you need to invest some money. Most real companies have an ad budget. That doesn't mean you can't do your work in the beginning for free but it does mean you'll have to replace lack of money with higher degrees of activity.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.