How to recover a website penalized by Google's Penguin Update 4.0?

arronmattwills

We all know Google has recently rolled out Penguin 4.0 and one of our website got penalized. Not even appearing in top 10 pages for some keywords. For long tail keywords and other quite different keywords rank remain changed. When we type URL in Google, showing all the links perfectly.

As Google said Penguin is now a key part or factor of their core ranking algorithm and it is real time. Earlier Penguin tool long time to refresh the data and to rank a penalized website but with this new update Penguin will refresh their data much faster so ranking will changes much faster but web masters need to improve their website and actively increase their presence on the internet with activities like writing blog posts, engaging in social media postings, creating awesome interesting stuff to attract visitors and to decrease bounce rate etc.,

So here my question is, How this penguin 4.0 was effecting the websites? and how to recover our websites from this update?

UWH-David

We all know Google has recently rolled out Penguin 4.0 and one of our website got penalized. Not even appearing in top 10 pages for some keywords. For long tail keywords and other quite different keywords rank remain changed. When we type URL in Google, showing all the links perfectly.

As Google said Penguin is now a key part or factor of their core ranking algorithm and it is real time. Earlier Penguin tool long time to refresh the data and to rank a penalized website but with this new update Penguin will refresh their data much faster so ranking will changes much faster but web masters need to improve their website and actively increase their presence on the internet with activities like writing blog posts, engaging in social media postings, creating awesome interesting stuff to attract visitors and to decrease bounce rate etc.,

So here my question is, How this penguin 4.0 was effecting the websites? and how to recover our websites from this update?
This article was released a couple days ago covers this issue a bit.
[URLnf="https://www.seroundtable.com/google-penguin-4-recoveries-22792.html"]https://www.seroundtable.com/google-penguin-4-recoveries-22792.html[/URLnf]

It seems bad links are more toxic than ever before so stay away from link programs on Fiverr. The following article goes over finding bad links in an audit and using the Google disavow/removal system.
[URLnf="https://moz.com/blog/link-audit-guide-for-effective-link-removals-risk-mitigation"]https://moz.com/blog/link-audit-guide-for-effective-link-removals-risk-mitigation[/URLnf]

I find it intriguing Penguin now updates in real time which will make for some interesting SEO practices.

vishwa

To overcome with Penguin Penalty you have to re examine your backlinks. Sites with poor and low quality backlinks get hit by penguin 4.0 So, Try to make your link from high authority websites. You can also use disavow tool to by pass the low quality backlinks.

eioapqoeke

With Penguin 4 update people need to diversify the link and anchor text and remove low quality backlinks. Google will rank each page and calculate ranking for each page of website individually instead of ranking entire website high or penalizing entire website. Instead they can now choose to penalize certain pages on website while other remains unaffected.

Nemanja

Premium Member
Nemanja
You are right on this, after Penguin 4 updated, my keyword ranking for each page increased on search engine results and it helped improving the traffic for whole my sites.
I think quality backlinks and building backlinks right ways will help improve traffic and rankings after Penguin 4 update.

kathyclark_sams

Start from scratch. Analise your backlinks and remove the bad and poor authoritative links. Put links to the high DA PA website, this really helped me in recovering from penguin penalization.

StasVa

In theory Penguin 4.0 will low your page without penalty. The second what you need to understand, Google Penguin examine each of your page separatly, not the whole domain anymore. In your case it maybe be not Google Penguin not (enought details). But I would reccomand to audit you backlink profile in any case. It's very important to understand what's happening there.

There are 2 ways to recover from Penguin, first way is to analyse and use tools like SEO Majestic, ahrefs, SEMRush and to evaluate bad links manually. Then to create disavow file with all bad links and upload them in Google webmaster tools.

You can use some of "bad link removal" saas services in the market which are doing some kind of this job.
For example linkquidator.com , cognitiveseo.com that can generate disavow file in automatic way. Fundamentaly they are agrregators data from SEO Majestic, ahrefs, SEMRush but with functionality to determine bad links and generate disavow file or excel file with bad backlinks. And they are cheaper if you are not a huge studio or services and don't need ahrefs for daily work.

The first one is good because displays data for each page separately and in gives the information more convenient.
The second displays more basis data frome all services. But considering site as a domain and displays data very general.
In any case, I would not trust them alone. Recheck the results manually. From this point of view, of course linkquidator is much more convenient especially if you know what pages or what keywords lost positions.

The second way in theory you can get rid of penalty not only by disavowing backlinks, if number of bad links is not too huge, you can equalize the situation by creating goodl links.
Experience shows it does not work for large spammed sites but for small not too much spammed websites it can be effective.

Brandfuge

Penguin 4.0 is a very strong update for me. One of my colleagues company got shut down because of this update. Since they used Grey hat SEO (We know actually we will get HIT), but we can't bear the pain.

Recovering always takes time:
1. Remove all the backlinks you built
2. Use disavow
3. Redesign your website
4. Change your content
5. Leave your website in silent for some weeks.
6. Start working with quality links again.

Free-SEO-Tools

If your website was hit by penguin, follow the below steps

1) Find all the backlinks of you website by using many backlink checkers like Ahrefs, Monitor backlinks, backlinkwatch etc and try to scrutinize suspicious backlinks from your link profile.
2) Remove all the spammy links. If you are not able to remove all the links, disavow them.
3) Send a consideration request to Google.
You can definitely recover from penalty but this process will take some time.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.