Specific Industry/Locale Ads

SpainGolf

I am looking to incorporate ads into my site but I want to keep the relevance as high as possible.

Because I sell Golf Holidays to a specific location I would want advertisers related to the area and the industry - i.e Car-hire, Golf Apparel, Travel Insurance etc. Is there an ideal way for going about this?

Please excuse the noob questions but I've been hunting for a while and not found anything close to ideal.

Thanks,
SG

Rob Whisonant

Do you live in the area you are selling to? If so, I would actually start going to local business get togethers and meeting other people in the business community. Then I would visit local businesses that provide or sell products or services that fit what you want to advertise. Tell them about your site and what you do. Offer them advertising space on your site.

SpainGolf

Thanks for the advice Rob.
That is definitely one of the routes I am going down.
I've found certain affiliate programs that aren't too bad - I was just wondering if anyone had done something similar where they could rotate ads effectively without getting competitors/unrelated content. AdSense for example is no use to me as it will put up one of the massive global companies that I compete with!
Cheers again for the help.

Website Design Ltd

Hi SG,

One way in which you could focus your targeting is through placement or topic targeting with Display Ads. By putting together a long list of potential placements, or key topics as those you've aleady mentioned you can you can effectively 'double up' alongside location targeting in order to hit the niche that you're aiming for.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.