What are top things to think of when creating a new blog?

CyberAlchemist

I want to start a new blog for making money online, it's all about web hosting tips and server management. I bought a paid theme and started somethings on it, I want to succeed with it in next 6 months, what are top things i should follow to have a successful blog?

Rob Whisonant

In 6 months? I would work on gaining readership (return visitors). Add an interesting article each day for the first few months. Then you can slow down to 1 or 2 per week. Go with paid traffic to the best articles. Also try to build an email list so you can notify your readers when you add posts.

ivanab

Everything Rob said PLUS here is another tip...

Build up a following on Social Media networks such as fb, twitter, linkedin, pinterest and Instagram. Those people will share your content further (if it is a good content) so you can get even more exposure.

CyberAlchemist

In 6 months? I would work on gaining readership (return visitors). Add an interesting article each day for the first few months. Then you can slow down to 1 or 2 per week. Go with paid traffic to the best articles. Also try to build an email list so you can notify your readers when you add posts.
I'm just curious why I should add an article per day. Does this benefit for search engine rankings or somethings else?

Everything Rob said PLUS here is another tip...

Build up a following on Social Media networks such as fb, twitter, linkedin, pinterest and Instagram. Those people will share your content further (if it is a good content) so you can get even more exposure.
I have not ever tried linkedin, pinterest and Instagram but from your suggestions, I would give them a go. Not sure these networks can bring more traffic.

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
The main (not only) reason I said to add an article a day at first was so your blog did not look like a ghost town. Also if readers see you are updating frequently, they have a tendency to come back more often. You have to give your readers a reason to come back often.

vishwa

Initially you have add more and more quality content to your blog. Interlinking your posts can increase your blog readership. Do some SEO work with your blog. Add yoast SEO plugin. Make your blog navigation easy. Add images to your post. Promote your blog posts frequently on Social Media sites. Do, Guest posting and also do blog commenting. These steps will help you to grow your blog. Hope it will help you.

Claire_Anderson

Contents are very important when it comes to the website. You need to add high quality and unique contents. Most of the users use the internet for gathering knowledge and a small amount of users use it for entertainment. Since you are creating a blog for the users then you need to think about what the user wants. First , your website should have easy navigation and UI and second, it should have great contents. But if you want to drive more traffic to your blog, then you need to create accounts in social media platform, to spread the news of your website. If you will not use the social media platforms, then most of the users would not even know that your website exists.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
WTB Logo
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.