One-page hosting

longmont

The current way I set up websites really looks like I am giving myself too much work, and who would have predicted that instead of looking beautiful and more graphic-rich, that the websites wanting to succeed would do better with just text. Is anyone familiar with a "one-page" website hosting service that is free. Social media accounts are free and they are monetized, so something that theymake money from, but not at the expense of their userbase?

UWH-David

There are many free and bannerless hosting providers out there. One page is relative though, it really comes down to processor and memory usage required. If straight html most free, banner-less providers will do the trick. If you are using WordPress, you are better off finding a paid shared WordPress hosting plan.

The current way I set up websites really looks like I am giving myself too much work, and who would have predicted that instead of looking beautiful and more graphic-rich, that the websites wanting to succeed would do better with just text. Is anyone familiar with a "one-page" website hosting service that is free. Social media accounts are free and they are monetized, so something that theymake money from, but not at the expense of their userbase?

Rob Whisonant

One thing to ALWAYS keep in mind. If something is free, YOU are the product. Make sure you find out exactly how they are making money and how they are making money off of you before you signup.

Also keep in mind that with a simple flick of a switch your site can be gone. If you can't use your own domain name, just say no to the hosting.

SenseiSteve

SenseiSteve
Just a follow up to using your own domain name. Make sure it's registered with a registrar separate from your hosting provider. That way, you can always migrate to another provider should your current hosting arrangement go sour.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
wms
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
wms
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.