Are hashtags becoming potential keywords?

Harry P

Hi everyone, I am wondering are hashtags on social networks becoming potential keywords for search engines and we should research them for creating articles relate to them to get more attention from readers or visitors. How to find out which hashtags are being used the most on social networks? I started to think that keywords started to be less popular and less effect compared to hashtags. What you think?

kathyclark_sams

Yes, Hashtag is becoming a one of the great revolution on social media. It is something we use everyday. Hashtags are now used in relation to politics, TV shows, breaking news, celebrities, activism and more. Google also shows hashtag in their SERP. So far, Google is rolling out the hashtag search was users in both the United States and in Canada, with the results. On both Google.com and Google.ca
I always use hashtagify.me for the current hashtag. It's best..

santek

Yes hashtags are nothing but the keywords which represents our post in social platforms. These terms acts as the search phrases & displays our post when someone searches for it.

KleponPink

Hashtags are actually keywords for social media. But it can work mostly on Twitter and Instagram. :)

reCharge

Hmm very hard to say.
From a SEO perspective of getting Domain Authority, Trust and so on it doesn't count so much due hashtags are only limited to certain pages which do not link directly to your page. In the most cases, you can set just nofollow links (no Domain Authority will pass) and/or a redirector will be placed by the platform (like twitter) to filter SE-Bots out and pass only human users. So it is difficult to get any SEO juice from that technique these days.

For brand promotion: Yes this will help but remember 90% of twitter-content is spam.

A general problem: Some hashtags are not strictly bounded to themes or niches due some hashtags can be used to completely other these and niches.

EnricTellez

I agree, still it's a good way to get the people you want to target to read your article/post. It's not really a keyword, but more of a category. Great for 2nd or 3rd tier link-building.

FreebieBoy34

Yes because these words represent a certain topic that is trending at the moment. And the more users get involved with these topics, the more they become popular. So yes, hashtags can be considered as potential keywords in a sense...:)

backlinkfy

Hashtags have always been keywords for use in platforms like; Twitter and Instagram.

Going into the future, you will see hashtags on e-commerce websites, in stores and even on billboards. I can see it becoming another way for search engines to consider as a ranking factor in the future.

shivanshis4

Yes, they are becoming. Just as people tweet with trending hashtags to get more followers and retweets, brands are also used them to promote themselves. Not only on social media, they are giving out good results in search engine ranking too.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads