What is the main source of your traffic?

Harry P

I think search engine optimization is the best way to get traffic from search engines. Beside forum marketing and social networks also work. I think every website have a main source of its traffic. For me, I am getting good traffic from Google, a little from Bing and 20% from social networks. Let me know yours...what is the main source of your site traffic ?

santek

My main source of traffic are the articles. I regularly post articles & create web 2.0 sites submissions & keep updating them so that my content gets crawled on regular basis.

ruslan58

ruslan58
As same as me, but I prefer to do the share through social media and proved it was better to bring in traffic. Social media is very important and has a very high chance that when you talk about traffic than anything else.

vishwa

My main source of traffic is SEO, Blogs, forums and Social Media sites. I usually get 100 to 150 unique visitors daily.

selenagomez1

My site's main traffic sources from SEO, facebook, forums and some of my own and friends' blogs. I am going to increase the number of facebook likers on my fanpage, so that you can easily get much traffic via cool posts or content.

manpreet9227

My main source of traffic is from Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, and Social Media like FB

Mike001

The majority of my traffic comes from Universities, but then as a training site I guess that makes sense.

I do use a lot of social marketing through YouTube and Google+ but looking at my stats that only makes up about 20% of my traffic onto the site. But a good part of my conversions are from that social marketing. It is funny how that works out.

I use some paid ads, right now I am running about 6 consistently, and that can vary month to month based on the conversions I had the previous month. But at a minimum I am running about 6. I actually run ads on this forum and the other marketing forum that is run by WMS because I want to support his efforts. He has a lot of good information on his sites and even though the CTR are low and the I have had no conversions yet I still want to support the site.

SEO is another aspect of my traffic as I am always trying to improve my SEO on the site to get more generic traffic. That is an ongoing battle as the SEO algorithms seem to change frequently and I am far from an expert on SEO.

I will say that I have learned a lot about SEO from these sites. There is a a lot of good information here if you are willing to read through it and try and understand what the members are saying. Of course you have to filter through the crap sometimes because there is some misinformation here also. But that is where SEOPub comes in. He is a great member with a wide breath of knowledge. On most of the SEO conversations he will chime in and filter out most of the misinformation.

I have not tried email marketing yet, although I do have a pretty good email list of purchasers from my site. There is about 700 on that list at last count. I have some good applications for email marketing but have not implemented them yet as I try not to bother my users with emails. I know how much emails can annoy me at time and I really do not want to annoy them.

Last edited:

EpicGlobalWeb

I think search engine optimization is the best way to get traffic from search engines. Beside forum marketing and social networks also work. I think every website have a main source of its traffic. For me, I am getting good traffic from Google, a little from Bing and 20% from social networks. Let me know yours...what is the main source of your site traffic ?
You're probably right about that for most people. SEO is one of the most powerful ways to earn a digital presence apart from advertising the typical way. I heard a statistic that showed how Bing's users are more decisive and buy more often than Google users. Perhaps someone else can verify.

Harry P

I have not tried email marketing yet, although I do have a pretty good email list of purchasers from my site. There is about 700 on that list at last count. I have some good applications for email marketing but have not implemented them yet as I try not to bother my users with emails. I know how much emails can annoy me at time and I really do not want to annoy them.
Why don't you try to send newsletter to your subscribers and see how it works, it can help you increase sales for your sites.

If a quality list is quality, just 100 emails and you could get some sales from it.

My main source is Google and Social media.
Mostly people are getting traffic from these sources.

Google and Church fellowships.
Never heard of Church fellowships, how did you get traffic from there?

Shimei

Shimei
Hi Harry,

Since my niche is a Christian forum and I attend a few different bible studies through my church I seize on the potential by giving out cards to the members. The online forum really compliments bible studies because it is nothing more than online discussions that involve a bible study.

The cards have the site's logo and website address, and the back of the card a place to write down a user and password for safe keeping. I was thinking about going to a Christian book store and asking if I could leave a stack of cards by the register too. I figure my main demographic is flocking to these places, and the places are my best opportunity for acquiring traffic.

Enjoy,
Shim

werbebanner

The main source of traffic is directory and forums it's best part off off page seo.

simonsmith

I am also surprising to know about the traffic source : directories. How it can be possible? I also want to know what type of directories. I have posted my website almost 40+ directories, most of them have approved my link but i never get a single user from it. Apart from directories, i got some users from local listing websites.

davidnguyen

My main sources are Google, twitter, googleplus, facebook, Bing, youtube. Sometime, I also use google Adwords

serverwala

SMO and unique content is main source of traffic, Google may be appear on first page in SERP if your content is unique.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.