How to build a business web site with Wordpress?

Ken Graham

I bought a new domain at Namecheap and bought a managed VPS package on this forum section https://www.webmastersun.com/forums/131-VPS-Hosting-Offers now which are next steps? I heard more good feeback about wordpress, it is a good platform to build any kind of websites. Could anyone tell me how to build a business website (selling web courses, domain names, ebooks, shopping cart, etc.) in Wordpress? What kind of plugins shall I install?

Thanks!
Ken

Rob Whisonant

One of the best ways to learn is by doing. Go ahead and install Wordpress and play with it. Then start looking through plug-ins and actually install a few and play with them. Delete the ones you don't like or are to hard to understand.

You can search on a search engine "top", "best" + what type of plugin you want to try. Then read the different reviews and comparisons. Install the ones you seem to like and again.... play with them.

I always keep a test site that I use for this type of purpose. When I find something I like I then install it on the real site.

If you are just starting out, you have a LOT to learn. So just take your time and read, read, read, play, play, play and experiment, experiment, experiment.

elcidofaguy

Totally agree with Rob's comment. The only way you're going to learn is to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in.... One thing you could do is setup a test site locally on your PC such as with using XAMP or just set up a sub domain as a test site which you can easily discard.... As to plugins its a case of testing to see if any of the free ones meets your needs versus paid ones and of course its worth considering paying for a professional theme -which can make a massive difference.... Best of luck!

kim16

Your site is more like of an eCommerce as I see it. I used Magento but I really had a hard time working on it. But I guess if you learn the ropes of its technicalities, it'll be a less burden. Goodluck.

Last edited:

BestProxies

You already did some good work. Choosing a domain name is a critical step for any website. Once you are up with domain in your pocked - you are ready to move on. Wordpress is the best choiche for operating your site. check this youtube playlist full of tutorials. You know how they say - it's better to see one time than read it twice.

SethTurin

Wordpress can be as simple or as complex as you want. If you use the built-in theme and woocommerce, you can start selling within an hour or so. You can also add more complex themes and more complex plugins, and build a whole host of different kinds of sites, from forums to job boards.

I think that you will learn best by deciding what features you want in your site, and then googling that feature + wordpress.

Claire_Anderson

It is very easy to develop applications with WordPress. Developing applications in WordPress do not require programming skills. Users can easily create WordPress applications by utilizing drag and drop option. WordPress also offers build in template to make development tasks much more easier for general users and develop. If you e want to learn programming then you can check Udem and Lynda,com websites.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.