How Did Huffington Get So Big?

EpicGlobalWeb

I read their income from PPC advertising is over $1.2 million per month. Ariana was an avid Hillary supporter in the mid / late 90's with a website but then she began to get really big and now owns the Huffington Post, one of the top visited news sites in the world. How does this magnitude of size and traffic happen? Is this merely a product of big budgets or did she have an advantage because she's been doing it for 2 decades?

EpicGlobalWeb

Maybe the Illuminati did it :p

But more seriously I also noticed that these big companies also have a large print media presence and I'm wondering if that's one of the things that make the difference between "pretty big" and "huge."

EpicGlobalWeb

That's actually very helpful insight. It confirms that online presence is PR.

The cost to print 10,000, 12 page newspapers isn't that big of a deal though. Could be worth looking into. Thanks, Pub!

EpicGlobalWeb

That's one advantage of direct mail or personal delivery because today only 3 in 10 people buy the paper, and two of them buy it for the sports section or classifieds. All 3 are over 35. But with direct mail readership is a little higher.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.