is footer link banned for SEO?

AbbottMM

Hello everyone,

I have one issue of seo. can we add footer link & these link for black hat seo & if I want keep footer link then what will be problem of ranking?

StasVa

It would not hurt your ranking directly, unless some cases when Google can consider your link like a spamm signal. To be sure you can use no follow atribute and then it's absolutelly safely.

Sean78Black

Hello everyone,

I have one issue of seo. can we add footer link & these link for black hat seo & if I want keep footer link then what will be problem of ranking?
I don' think footer link is black hat SEO but vice versa it will help your site improve rankings if you put your link on footer from high quality sites.
Why you think it is not good for SEO? any reasons?

To be sure you can use no follow atribute and then it's absolutelly safely.
If adding nofollow to the link then I think it's not necessary to have footer link, unless you only want to get clicks from footer link for your website.

SEOPub

I don't know why people even have to ask questions like this. I'm not trying to be rude or insulting, but all you have to do is go look at sites ranking in the SERPs. Pretty much all the answers you need are right there, especially for something as simple and basic as this.

There are tons of sites ranking highly that have footer links, so why do you think it would be a problem for your site?

hrishivardhan

Nope That's nothing like that I herd off. I think people should do some research by their self before any kind of question. so it will helps us to make this forum genuine.

hentis

Hi AbbottMM. If you place a link on another site to be a back link to your site, it could be problematic. The reason is that most of the time footer links is site wide links. So thus a footer link as a back link will give you a back link from all the pages on back link host site. So if the site has ten thousand pages you will have ten thousand back links to your site. I have red many times that this is bad for seo, and I mean it is easy to understand why. It looks very unatural to the search engine.

adriansmith4555

Google penguin is looking for this. Avoid using anchor text for your website in the footer. After penguin update, google likes if you link it with your brand name.. Also it looks for the IP address..

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.