Does the bounce rate affect quality score?

bigtel

Hello Guys ,

Does the bounce rate affect Quality score in Google Adwords ? Please tell me your experiences with increasing Quality score and CTR . I need to know what affects those factors .

Regards ,

High79

Hi bigtel,
I'm actually new to this industry, but what I think is that, the bounce rate can be a major factor to take into consideration. Let's take an example...Say there is a wesbite that could deliver an amount of 1-2 Million impressions in a month. But the page views are low, and the bounce rate is high, visitors don't spend enough time on the website to actually explore what contents/articles the site has. Therefore, they are least bothered about all the ads running there, since they just want to see whether the site has the content which the visitor is looking for. For some campaigns, the webmaster places ads in the inner articles...but that goes to waste now, since the visitor is not interested in the website no more. Hence, it will reflect on the CTR/CR/Revenue.
Please share your views, and should you find some of my info incorrect, please do correct me. I'd like to improve my knowledge in this industry.
Have a good one bigtel!

Claire_Anderson

Not every one agrees that the bounce rate can effect the quality of the SEO. But it might be the factor that Google uses to test the quality of a website. But recently an SEO expert published an article after analyzing the bounce rate, time on site and SERP CTR of many websites, he found that the websites with the low bounce rate had high ranking as compared to the websites with higher bounce rate. But there might be other factors that can contribute to the rank of these analyzed websites . If you will ask people around then they will deny that the bounce rate effects the website rank. The bounce rate usually increases when your website either has incorrect keywords or the content in your website is of low quality.

We optimize our website to increase its visibility and traffic and if your website would have a high bounce rate then it means that your website has poor contents. It is best to improve the bounce rate of a website to get more traffic.

whitelabel

Actually, Google does not take High Bounce rate into a good sign. "The site which has high bounce rate it's content is sopoor or it does not fulfill the visitors demand for what it stands for" Google think like this. My advice is put some content related good pictures or videos to keep wisitor longer time. Thank You.

hynds

There is no documentation from Google that says bounce rate can affect your Quality Score. Although some have speculated this may be true, I don't believe it.

The quality of the landing page and how it affects QS is one of the great mysteries of life. Landing page is evaluated for "User Experience", and that's about all we really know. It has nothing to do with your keywords appearing on the page. Part of it can be the result of a manual review, most of it is done by computer.

While bounce rates do not directly affect your QS, high bounce rates indicate something is wrong with either your keywords, ads or landing page. Your keywords and ads are getting impressions and clicks from people who are just not interested in your offer (page bounces). Make sure you are conveying the right message on your landing page as your ads. This could mean changing either of them, or both.

Good luck to you,

Claire_Anderson

Even if the bounce rate do not have any affect on the SEO, it does not mean that we should not take steps to reduce the bounce rate. Everything the bloggers do from the search engine optimization to social media sharing is to improve the website traffic and if the users leave the website as soon as they arrive then all the effort of the bloggers would be wasted. But we can improve the bounce rate of the website by following the given guidelines:
  1. Improve the readability of your contents
  2. Speedup your website
  3. Make your website responsive
  4. Remove the popups
  5. Add 404 page
  6. Add high quality and relevant images in every article
  7. Fix broken links
  8. Make the navigation structure easy
  9. Create Call-to-Action
  10. Fix Browser-Cross-Compatibility issues
  11. Add unique contents in the blog

backlinkfy

It's a simple concept of how much content you have and if your audience actually stays on your site. If most visitors stay on your site for more than 30 seconds, there is a good chance you have content they like.
Things that can affect you bounce rate and quality score in PPC are; This patterns only to Pay-per-click ads.

1. Badly written ads
2. Ads with no final destination Url
3. Redirects
4. 404 pages
5. Mobile friendly
6. Strong call-to-action
7. Ad impressions
8. Click-through rate
9. Ad group keyword relevance
10. Historic Adwords performance

Pay attention to these factors and you will see you PPC quality increase.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.