How to make a website clone?

Harry P

Hi guys,
I want to clone a custom website, how can I do it? Who can help me?
It is from a website that you are owning or making a duplicated site you liked on the internet?
AND you will have same site with structure, content, and design?

TheRealRazzy

You won't be able to clone the back end, the stuff that really takes time to program.

You can search for any type of cloning script through Google, not very difficult.

They'll just pull all the design files and compile them together so you can upload them to your own server/hosting account.

seoking

Someone tell me httrack software worked perfectly. But I cannot operate it.

joed77

joed77
You have probably managed to download some websites by know, be aware that not all of them can be downloaded, only poor managed ones, if you have a Mac Sitesucker is a great app for that, and in Linux and Mac alike there are Wget.
I just need to know what type of website you wanna colon, and I'll try to come up with some ideas.

Ken Graham

Someone tell me httrack software worked perfectly. But I cannot operate it.
After installed it, you run it with default setting, just fill out the website URL to start saving files (html, images, css, js).
Although you can save a website with it but it's only html version unless you want to have your website with some webpage and static pages.

You should read what @TheRealRazzy mentioned below.

You won't be able to clone the back end, the stuff that really takes time to program.

You can search for any type of cloning script through Google, not very difficult.

They'll just pull all the design files and compile them together so you can upload them to your own server/hosting account.

Website Design Ltd

I'm pretty sure there are moral consequences that come with stealing a website design that somebody has put the time and effort into developing themselves.
Inspiration is one thing, but using cloning software is just plain cheeky.

Anandjayam

Type a URL into the text field above. Keep in mind some sites may not work well. Modify headlines and text. Click on any section that is highlighted in green and start typing. Uplaod and replace images with your own. Click on an any image to replace it. Save and share your clone.

godmadeus

you can learn html and css and you can create a website with unique look. rather that clone an already existing website. both the html and css can be covered in one or two week and with the knowledge, you can modify your theme and make a better look than your competitor. so try these courses...

Last edited:

Ingener

Building a satellite website system is a very difficult job. Google has always had to test and fine-tune satellite systems. If you want to build a satellite website, you have to be very careful. Your satellite website must be treated as closely as your main site. There are not too many satellite sites but only 5-7 real quality ones. A satellite site will be a very effective form of seo if you know how to make the most of it.
Goodluck

kim16

I'm no expert. But some time ago, I think I came across an article that runs through on the risk of cloning an entire website in the aspect of SEO. Geez

alexanderzx360

If what you want is to copy the whole website, for example download everything and then get to understand it and upload it on a different domain, you need a good app for that, something like httrack software which I see someone already recommended (also it's official website has great tutorials if you're having problems with it) or Wget that has versions in pretty much any operative system.

If you want only one page you can inspect the code on Google Chrome, or use Dreamweaver to look at it and analyze it.

Cheers!

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.