How to market a forum?

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
Hi,
I have been here for a long time and reading great threads daily. I must thank this forum. It is amazingly useful. Hopefully I won't break any rules unknowingly. As title said, here is my question. I am planning a website that will have a forum like this but in mobile niche. I want to know if anyone has any tips on how I get people there and to start posting. I have tried to find this mysterious answer but it is hard.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

Nina John

What is your forum about? You can promote your forums in social media sites, and other forums as well, but you need to determine what your forum would be about. Is it a tech forum or about music? This would help you identify who your target users are and where you would promote it.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

Rob Whisonant

Start off building a large email list in your niche. Once you have that built, open a Facebook group and promote it to your list. Then after that has some good activity in it, put your forum online and start promoting it to your list and your Facebook group.

You really need to be able to send a lot of people at one time to your forum to get it moving. If a forum has few posts or little activity, the members you do have start leaving. Nobody wants to post in a ghost town.

You can also hire posters in the beginning to get activity going.

QueenMaa

Share your forum on social media. Also, put it in the signature when you post at forums. Utilize advertising sites. These are great for advertising forums. There are fb groups that you can advertise in as well (I don't mean advertise in any fb group these groups are made for advertising). I have found out about forums from some of these groups. Write a blog post and invite people to join your forum and share it on all of your social media channels.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views