Image Ads vs Text Ads?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
How do they compare in general CTR and conversion? I know it is possible to have both but for a smaller budget it's better to get banner ads work for my sites, If I'm not wrong, an image would have to have better CTR than four text ads combined in a same site. Your thoughts? statistics?

kim16

You know, the thing about marketing is that, if what you're trying to sell doesnt interest someone, he's not really going to take the bait and click on your banner. If you're been through the hoops of marketing products/services you will know that catchy tag lines, call to actions, and visually-appealing images dont suffice your branding necessities at all, although yes, those will largely contribute.

joe

Generally speaking, image ads get more clicks (assuming you use the right image for your target audience).

According to Eyeinsights, visuals are processed 60,000 times faster than text.

Nowadays, it's much tougher for outbound marketers to get sustainable results with banner ads.

Why?

Because of banner blindness, online consumers are bomboarded with thousands of ads every single day and they are sick and tired of it. That's why Adblock becomes very popular.

Here's a solution though;

You need to change your banners every 2 days. Yes, that's right. That's what you need to do to avoid banner blindness.

Website Design Ltd

Website Design Ltd
That's a pretty bold statement to make, and shouldn't be marked as a solution as we all know that nothing is definitive in this industry.

Yes, banner blindness is a thing. Yes, changing your banners regularly can help to identify what works better & when. But if you pick your placements carefully enough with your audience in mind you're bound to find that your CTR is impacted in a positive way.

To answer your question directly, it is fully dependent on what you want out of your campaign. Are you looking to improve brand awareness, or improve CTR and conversions? If the latter is the case, text ads are far more likely to be able to provide more context to your potential audience prior to their initial click, helping to filter out clicks that are going to cost you money without converting. Ideally the two pronged approach is going to be best, but if the budget will only stretch to one of the two campaigns then give Text Ads a try and see what happens.

Trial & error my friend. Trial & error.

joe

joe
Selecting the best ad placement is never a solution to ad blindness. Who told you that?

If you are familiar with media buy, you probably know that angles, copy, landers and banners die very quickly. Very few would last longer than 3 months.

That's why I suggest changing banners often. In fact, just have around 4 - 5 variations of a banner and then rotate every few days would do as well.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.