Do you use Pinterest for marketing your websites?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Does any one here use Pinterest ? I mainly stick with Google+, Twitter and Facebook.
I am wondering what kind of traffic especially can be bring from posting multiple links on pinterest?
It is a great looking site, but imagery is obviously the name of the game.

TheHost

I mainly use Facebook and Instagram.

From my experience, brief experience, Pinterest works great for food niches and there are mostly females there. So maybe for some niche that is really visual and appealing to women, it may work.

I used to run a food recipe site and Pinterest was my main traffic source + YouTube

Elisabeth Kuhn

Elisabeth Kuhn
I have not yet used Pinterest to any significant extent (though I do have an account) because my niches are not terribly visual and I get better results elsewhere (i.e., Facebook), so I never bothered to really learn the ropes on how to use it.

BUT one of my projects for 2017 is a healthy food and food recipe site (and maybe a low carb site too, which I already have but haven't marketed a lot yet), and those would definitely be good candidates for Pinterest! And so I'll get my Pinterest site set up properly and start using it.

KarenByerly

Here's the list for pinterest categories: https://www.pinterest.com/categories/ . If your business related with any of these categories then definitely you should start to work on pinterest too.

tunescool

pinterest can get you alot of traffic if one of your pins get repinned by the right people

i had 8000 repins in 5 days, got alot of traffic, youre not gonna get that much trffic from twitter

alices00ze

Pinterest is essentially a photo-sharing social network. But most of the features of Pinterest is that it allows you to "pin" a photo collection on any of them. For example, when surfing the web, you see a certain beautiful picture, you can click "Pin" to save it to your gallery. You can also "Follow" (track) a famous person or a certain fashion to see their beautiful pictures. Pinterest allows you to create many different collections, such as fashion photos, photos of technology, portraits ... In addition you can also create your own photos to share with others , for others "pin" and save their photos.

When you have an account on Pinterest, you can create unique images attracted by topics that interest you, easily add photos and videos to your table. Pinterest is the tool effective online business it connects businesses and customers through the photos and videos.

tunescool

Wow, What a great number of repins, could you share us some tips please?. I'm using Pinterest but drive no traffic at this time.
What was your niche?
all i understand pinterest to be is its just visual or people like what they read on your pins. my repin was an infographic, for Self improvement. How To Be A Positive Thinker is the title. if you arent involved and cant pin on huge boards, you just have to keep pinning, try to get involved in boards in your niche and get invited to pin on boards

use pinpinterest.com, its free for awhile, theres another one, i dont remember but look for it, its free for awhile too. it follows people for you, comments for you, invites people to your boards

even if you are involved with big boards and can pin on them, its just always gonna be a matter of who sees your pin and if they repin it on a board where alot more people repin it. once a couple hundred people repin your stuff, it doesnt stop. i still get repins by the hour from that one pin, that was months ago

i dont think there is anything special it is that you do to your pins, just pin alot of your stuff, getting involved like following people, as much of a pain in the ass it is, sit there and follow people in your niche and their boards. they will follow you too. alot of people start huge twitter followings that way, yea its a pain. sit there for an hour and do it, do it again and again

i have 7 sites i pin stuff from alot, i hardly ever get alot of repins, but i dont stop. i understand, its been a year and hopefully the right people see my pins

i also leave links to some of my other pins in the blog post or whatever asking pinterest users to repin them. its a good idea, they came from pinterest, they probably are interested in it and will probably repin them

yrmott

Thanks for your sharing Tunescool,

I've started add infographic from my blog to Pinterest severdays. My niche is about Blogging, SEO, make money online, Traffic, ... With your experience with Pinterest do you think that's a good niche to build on Pinterest?

tunescool

i wouldnt know

pinterest can get you alot of traffic if one of your pins get repinned by the right people

i had 8000 repins in 5 days, got alot of traffic, youre not gonna get that much traffic from twitter
im up to over 14,500 repins, and it could be 15,000 by the end of the day

ive never seen traffic like this, and its free and you dont even do anything

So Everyone Pin More And More Than You Have Too

it feels good. facebook maybe if you know what youre doing, twitter if you have a million followers, if youre on page one 1 of google

i dont think anything beats pinterest

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam

If you are a graphic designer or a photographer or an image editor, Pinterest is a good site to promote your artwork. I am a publisher blogger. I don't have any product, but just marketing my blog content. I use infographic to marketing my posts on Pinterest.

Brandfuge

I do work with Pinterest when my business is related to womens product.
For me PInterest is popular with the niche terms like womens products, dresses, accessories, chocolates, of course men's beard nowadays then jewelry kind of things.

But the truth is I don't see any mobiles has Pinterest app. This is from my experience!

ulterios

I have dabbled with using Pinterest a little but it never worked out well enough to be worth my time. I stick to Twitter, Facebook and Google+ and get good results from their use so I just concentrate my time that is used for social media with those sites.

If I had a niche that I was in that was more for images like cooking, clothing, travel or something along those lines then I would probably spend more time working with Pinterest. As of now it's just not worth the time for the results that I receive. ;)

HostaPolis

It is dependent on the niche. I have used it for all of my sites and have found it to work quite well for only 3 of them. Areas that do well on their are home and garden, pets, DIY, crafts, and fashion.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
If you are a graphic designer or a photographer or an image editor, Pinterest is a good site to promote your artwork. I am a publisher blogger. I don't have any product, but just marketing my blog content. I use infographic to marketing my posts on Pinterest.
It is dependent on the niche. I have used it for all of my sites and have found it to work quite well for only 3 of them. Areas that do well on their are home and garden, pets, DIY, crafts, and fashion.
Yes I heard same advice for marketing on Pinterest and almost people suggested me should use it with sites that using more images which easy to market and get attentions from Pinterest's audience.

NichBi

Yes, I'm also using pinterest, pinterest is a large social network, if you know how to social network sites link to each other, it helps your website get traffic long term stability.

Amy Richardson

Why just food, and women's stuff. Pinterest is all the time growing. It's great platform to sharing photos, maybe it's better than instagram. Where is a lot of unecessery stuff.

liferockstore

Pinterest is the latest and kind of fun and boosts your. Let’s look at few smart ways to use pinterest for marketing.
1. Create boards along with keywords in your title
2. Use a proper description in order to spread your ideas

4. Build significant links back to your website or blog
5. Include the embed pins on your blog
7. Always use a “pinterest for business” account for analytics
8. Include rich pins
9. Use a pin able image on every post that you can easily publish
11. Create a tips board
12. Develop collaborative boards

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.