How much money will I need to get started?

fromrachel

My goal is $500/month online no rush. I can wait for money to show up. I want to know how much money do i need to start off. I am not going after SEO since that would need a lot of money because I don't have a gold mine niche on my head. I am willing to work over social networks or forums. How much money should I put aside to get started? Any advice?

rbmm

If you are just going to put up a website, then I might agree with "Tunes", but it really depends on what you want to do.

You really need to define your niche. It doesn't sound like you have a handle on it yet, just an idea. You should narrow it down so that you know EXACTLY who you are targeting.

If you want any graphics for your site, or things like an e-book, then either you will need to do them (if you know how), or you will need someone else to do them. You can get these done fairly cheap, but you might want to figure in another $10+ per graphic.

You will also need to have content and copy.

Of course, if you don't know your niche, you won't know what you should be selling.

Once you know what you will be selling, then you will need to have content for your web site/blog.

Then you need copy for your sales page.

Either you will need to do the writing, or you will need someone who understands how to write sales material. This adds more dollars to your bill.

You can begin with a few affiliate offerings so that you don't need to even have that website, or sales copy.

If you are going to use Social Media, then just put people in touch with the affiliate offer.

There is one problem with doing things that way, and that is if you only send people to offers, then they will stop clicking on your links.

So, the best thing to do is to get a domain, set up your site, put some nicely written content on the site/blog, and send people to your blog where you can have an affiliate link.

Meanwhile, you can learn about writing sales copy, and can even occasionally send people directly to your affiliate offer.

By the way, think about collecting some email addresses so that you can build up a relationship with a few people. These folks are your most likely buyers.

You will need an autoresponder, and that will add another 20+ dollars a month, but it is well worth the cost.

Working online is still way less expensive than doing most anything in the offline world.

Good Luck!

Sam

Getting a standard web hosting, a domain, and a premium SEO-friendly template need about USD$200 per year. If you rely on SEO to get traffic, it takes at least 1 or 2 years to have earnings in a total of USD$ 500/month. But if you want faster, you can do it. I had been blogging since 2009 to 2012. At that period of time, I only make averagely $200 per month. Then, after I finished my bachelor, I decided to work in a retail company. So I stopped blogging, and no earnings at all, because I didn't extend my hosting and domain as $200 per month is not worth it. I decided to do some SEO researchers, combining some strategies (my own strategies) to generate free traffic from many sources. What I found that in online business, either as a publisher or selling online, you'll get nothing if you have no investment in marketing. Then, in November 2016 I decided to start blogging again and applying all of my strategies for improving traffic and conversion rate. No need to wait years as I did when I was in college, I can make money faster. Take a look at the screenshot below:

earning-screen-shoot.jpg

The earning of December 2016 is not available for a payout yet, because the are upgrading the affiliate system for 2017.

Ron Killian

Ron Killian
So there is a magic switch, that after 2 years you will earn exactly $500 a month? I did not know that. Sorry, but that is kind of a nonsense reply. It depends on SO many things. There is no exact time to make an certain amount. Too many variables to make a blanket statement like that.

And frankly if it takes 2 years to make $500 month, either the person is not working it as much as they could (don't have the time) or they are not determined or dedicated enough, or not taking enough action.

joe

I honestly don't know how to answer this question properly because everybody is different. So, I'll tell you from my story.

I started with "0" dollars because all I did was to find some services on Seoclerks that cost $1 and resell on Fiverr for $5. I saved up some money and bought a website from Ebay marketplace (bad idea, by the way) that I ended up spending a lot of money (at that time) redesigning it.

Back then, ranking on Google page 1 was easy, all you needed was a ton of backlinks pointing to your website so I spent 1 - 2 hundred dollars on Seoclerks and got my website ranked on Google page 1.

And after that, the website started to make $3,000+ a month each reselling services from Seoclerks and Fiverr.

That's how I started.

schttrj

I honestly don't know how to answer this question properly because everybody is different. So, I'll tell you from my story.

I started with "0" dollars because all I did was to find some services on Seoclerks that cost $1 and resell on Fiverr for $5. I saved up some money and bought a website from Ebay marketplace (bad idea, by the way) that I ended up spending a lot of money (at that time) redesigning it.

Back then, ranking on Google page 1 was easy, all you needed was a ton of backlinks pointing to your website so I spent 1 - 2 hundred dollars on Seoclerks and got my website ranked on Google page 1.

And after that, the website started to make $3,000+ a month each reselling services from Seoclerks and Fiverr.

That's how I started.
Do you have that website now?

Can we see it?

It would be nice.

My goal is $500/month online no rush. I can wait for money to show up. I want to know how much money do i need to start off. I am not going after SEO since that would need a lot of money because I don't have a gold mine niche on my head. I am willing to work over social networks or forums. How much money should I put aside to get started? Any advice?
The bare minimum according to me:

1. Domain - $15

2. Hosting - $100

3. Theme - $100

4. Autoresponder - $20

5. Web Developer - $20-30 per hour (as required)

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.