Blogging Mistakes

Steve32

What are the most common mistakes that beginner bloggers make? I would like clear my concepts about blogging mistakes

Not enough good content..
Putting too many ads on their sites
Targeting wrong audience
Not posting regularly

or something else?

and why?

vishwa

The big blogging mistake I think newbie bloggers make is lack of patience and a lot of confusion. They choose different niches at once and try to conquer everything in short time. Which will make them more impatient and finally they quit. So, Choose one niche where you have enough knowledge and command and you can put 100% in it. Creating high quality content is also a big factor for new comers.

Claire_Anderson

Another mistake that is made by the bloggers is that they do not use the social media platforms to promote their contents and as a result they do not receive high amount of traffic in their website. Social media channels can be used to obtain large amount of traffic and these channels can also used to relay the news of your blog existence to the users. In addition to marketing the contents in the social media channels, the bloggers also need to optimize their website to increase their website visibility in the searching engines.

KarenByerly

According to hubspot I want to add one more.

Topics are too broad.

When people start blogging, they generally want to write on really big topics like:

"How to Do Social Media Marketing"
"Business Best Practices"
"How to Make Money on the Internet"

Topics like these are far too broad. Because there are so many details and nuances in these topics, it's really hard to do a good job answering them. Plus, more specific topics tend to attract smaller, more targeted audiences, which tend to be higher quality and more likely to convert into leads and customers.

So, to get the most short-term and long-term benefits of blogging, you'll need to get way more specific.

contentranked

I think the biggest mistake beginner bloggers make is not building relationships with influencers. The thing with blogging is that you can't do it and be successful by yourself. You need to have connections that helps open more doors for you down the road. So building connections and relationships should be something that's primary.

Also, guest posting. That's something that should be done right away ... considering it's on sites where your target audience is. Not only is it a great way to build your list, but it also generates more buzz for you ... which is always great in the early stages.

rbmm

Nice information so far.

Let me add:

1. Keep your site "Clean" and easily navigable.
2. Think about keyword strategies when blog posting.
3. Allow for flexibility in your content, but keep things related to your "Niche".
4. Post on a regular basis (not just once a year).
5. Link back to your relevant posts when possible.

Just a few more suggestions.

ulterios

Based on what I have seen and read most beginning blogger make one common mistake and that is the mistake in thinking that if they create a blog and put up some blog posts then they will start getting tons of traffic for their blog.

Most people start blogging under the thought that it's easy to do and make that blog a very successful blog. It's NOT as easy as that. You need to make sure that you are going out and promoting your blog and marketing it correctly.

You will also want to pay close attention to the SEO of your new blog. Creting some good high quality backlinks for your blog can really help it get better rankings and traffic.

It's just not as easy as creating a blog and it will magically become a success. You have to work to make it a successful blog!

Ron Killian

Many have missed, but some have mentioned, not enough promotion. As Ulterios mentioned, it's NOT, "Build it and they will come".

They should spend more time promoting than anything else. Many say 80/20. 80% of time promoting, 20% of time on everything else. Good place to start.

jhumphreys

It's a simple one, but not proofreading content. I can't even begin to tell you how many great blog posts I've read that have been totally ruined for me by bad spelling or grammar.

Datacentreplus

- Generic, broad topics with no value but to fill up space.

- Ads, ads everywhere! - Sometimes these ads actually grinds your website to a halt, and it discourages people from visiting. A lot of local UK news websites have so much ads in them now, that they're barely loadable. I can only assume a drop off in traffic because of this.

- pop ups - whatever it is for, an offer, to subscribe, log in to read - these put people off. Modals they're called, and they are your worst enemy. Sure, seems like a great idea to use one to capture data and get people joining a mailing list, but I've seen first hand how it would kill your traffic.

- No getting help from people - Trying to do it all yourself is hard. It's difficult to keep up with quality if it's just you running the show.

- Spelling mistakes and grammar - as someone mentioned above, this would send the credibility of your blog down.

- Trying to get it perfect every time - practice makes perfect. You're going to develop your writing skills the more you write, so don't try to perfect that article otherwise you'll never publish it. Come back to it another time and give it a refresh or update.

bernawrd

Following are some mistakes that are made by the bloggers:
  1. Covering too many topics
  2. not understanding the audience
  3. Only publishing article with product advertisements
  4. Writing articles for yourself and not for the audience
  5. Not engaging with the audience
  6. Not updating the blog frequently
  7. Not responding to the comments for the users
  8. Not joining a blog community
  9. Not utilizing the social media channels to promote the contents
  10. Neglecting SEO for the website
  11. Not adding creative contents in your website

denisehilton

The biggest mistake in my view is when you use images or content of other websites in your blog without permission or giving credit. Apart from penalization this could also hurt your blog's reputation if the readers find out that it has copied content.

schttrj

What are the most common mistakes that beginner bloggers make? I would like clear my concepts about blogging mistakes

Not enough good content..
Putting too many ads on their sites
Targeting wrong audience
Not posting regularly

or something else?

and why?
The number ONE mistake of almost every beginning blogger is not accepting that BLOGGING IS BUSINESS.

Ahamed Anas

New blogger make mistakes are expecting huge traffic without engaged to get traffic like seo optimization, social media marketing, community post, content marketing, email marketing and how-to encourage to visit then that newbie make mistakes you mentioned above not enough good content....

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views