What should you consider before placing an online order?

Salmonjames

Things are changing rapidly. The traditional brick and mortar stores are now largely replaced by online businesses. If I am buying things online, I would see the credibility of that site by looking at multiple factors. So what should you care for?

ulterios

I would check to see if the seller/store is a reputable business, how long it has been in business, fair price for the product/service and also their return policy if it's a physical good. Always shop around and see if there is another seller that has these features and has better prices.

There are a lot of online sellers/stores that are there one day and then gone the next.

Website Design Ltd

I'd definitely check out how long a company has been in business, maybe product reviews, or if they have any business reviews on Google My Business or Trustpilot.
Primarily if it's not a shop I'd heard about previously then quite often I would look at spending the little bit extra to get the product from a reputable source, if only for my own peace of mind.

Salmonjames

Thanks guys but let me say that if the store is just new. However, somehow they managed to get reviews from these sites too. I mean what if they manipulate and present their image as a corporate. How would you cater then?

Hazel Styles

There are multiple things to consider before placing an online order. All depends on your requirement and you preferences.
First thing you should check the credibility of the business and how long its been running for online.
Check the product reviews and price differences to know what exactly you are going to experience as other have already experienced.
Look for the privacy policy and security options for to ensure your online purchase is not a fraud.
Don't forget the payment options, if it is compatible for you and your country's policies.
Shipping method is essential to take into consideration. If you are purchasing online then shipping method define when will you receive you product and if it is worth a wait.

This is my personal experience of online shopping and I hope you are satisfied with it.
Thanks

Salmonjames

Well said though. But there are some scam sites too that will just display security certificates that are generated by their own and these certificates in no way are facilitating the encryption purpose.

kim16

For me feedbacks are main contributor in my deciding factor. When I get to read lots of comments about how lousy the service is, I am most likely to turn back on that online shop. Another thing is, I look into how long the site has been in the business. If pioneering company with good reputation, I'd go for it. :)

Last edited:

FreebieBoy34

Things are changing rapidly. The traditional brick and mortar stores are now largely replaced by online businesses. If I am buying things online, I would see the credibility of that site by looking at multiple factors. So what should you care for?
First and foremost, you have to establish the credibility of the site by doing a background check (find an FB page and see the number of subscribers and likes, search for any reviews about the site using Google, and "listen" to what past customers have to say based on their experience. Next, is to check on the quality of the products they are selling. Don't be afraid to ask detailed questions when inquiring because you are only making sure that you are going to get your money's worth. Lastly check on the mode of payments they are offering as well as other perks like if they are offer free shipping and the likes... Hope these things help as these are the same stuff I'm doing whenever I'm buying something online...:)

jayveeramos07

I think one of the things you need to consider is the company itself. What is the integrity of the company, how long are they doing business already, and the reviews and commentaries of those who experienced transact business to them. Scammers are everywhere and we need to be extra careful especially in placing orders. I suggest that you transact to those companies that already build trust and credibility like Alibaba and Lazada.

Sweta

I would look for the company's reputation and credibility. Only if that is satisfactory I will go for the quality of products, if the price is reasonable etc.

eeecentric

I agree with what has been said, but I will add that some online stores are also on Amazon, so sometimes I will purchase through Amazon to have a little more security between me and the seller if I am not sure. That way, there is a layer of protection that I might not otherwise have. But a great way is to look at review sites and accreditation companies such as the Better Business Bureau. Not only do they have their logo on the store website, you can do a cross check by going to the Better Business Bureau website and searching the store.

Nancy G

Practice some considerations before placing an order online.

1. reputation of the company (Is this a well-established company? Actively registered with the trade industry, etc. No bad news or reviews, positive feedbacks from friends, colleagues who knew or have tried transacting with the company)

2. competitive pricing (Are you getting the best deal? Have you compared their prices with other similar companies?)

3 shipping terms (Do they offer free shipping? What courier they are using and shipping time? If shipping not included in the price, how much additional cost, options for courier and shipping time? This portion sometimes play an important factor in the ultimate price of the product. Also, delivery period is critical especially to those who needs the product right away. )

4. guarantee, warranty or refunds (especially if lost in transit, received with damage or product not functioning as expected, etc.)

5. payment options (more secure if done thru paypal or other similar type, be cautious in giving your bank or credit card info.)

6. other hidden charges (Do not be afraid to ask if there are other fees involving in processing your order.)

Lastly, if your instinct tells you not to proceed inspite of all the considerations. Give it the benefit of the doubt and get second or even third opinion from trusted sources.

sidrawat

There are so many factors responsible for placing an order online like how reputed(quality service) business or website is, from how long they are delivering their services, how good their customers reviewed their quality of services, also how much best price they are offering as per nearby competitors.

hgonzales2

I will definitely take a look at the quality of the product first, the seller and the feedback from the customers. I wanted to make sure that the online store is legit and not a scam by checking blogs from people on the social media. Feedback from customers matter to me as well because that means that customers are satisfied with their product. Good quality may be hard to distinguish but I mostly based it on pictures and comments of their buyers.

ion

first for me is, if the product or items has a warranty and how long the warranty is, and the time to deliver that product,if how many days, because I had an experience about that, I need the power bank for my travel, but I got the power bank after my travel. And now the cost or price of the product including the delivery cost, if they are accepted the cash on hand delivery, and make sure that there's no hidden charges. And the last one is, if the website is legit and not scam, well there's a lot of scammers right now.

shanejhane

First the company and the legitimacy of it, before you buy, you must check the credibility, background and other information of it. Like for example, when we are buying airplane ticket, we always look the company itself because we cannot risk our own life to those cheapest company offering cheap tickets. Like in purchasing products, we should always consider the company, the products, warranty, feedback and the safety of our accounts since there is a payment option on their website that we need to put our bank account number and other information if we choose to pay it online. For me the safest option for payment is cash on delivery but we must always check if their is additional chargers for it, if don't just choose cash on delivery.

sweetpot81

It's nice to browse and shop online in the convenience of our home. I am more tight now in spending money since I attend financial literacy programs. Before I place my order online, I usually evaluate myself first. I need to differentiate which among them is my NEEDS and WANT. Needs are necessary, requirement or obligation. Want is desire or wish. After that evaluation then that's the time to place my order online.

CookieRunner

I like looking for almost everything online including buying online. When I would like to purchase something online, I would go to my trusted website then check the Product information and the Reviews of the customers who purchased the product. Don't just also look for something online with just one website, I suggest that you look for other credible websites and compare things before buying online.

mirabella

First of all I want to find how good is the quality of the product. It is hard to know because you will just see it online. So I;m going to search and see the comments below and feedback of the previous customers. All of my decision is base on the customer and their feedback and how the payment and transaction will be.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Sam
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.