404 Error in Webmaster

mitali

Hello Guys, in my webmaster I found one message that is 404 page not found. I see link like example.com/m/area/ but I am sure I can't write /m/ URL on site, I checked in my coding but I m not able to solve please help me to solve this issue.

harrygreen90

Sometimes Google spiders were really crazy and they could generate links like that on your websites and I faced the same problem although they are not existed on websites. To solve the problem with those link errors, you should use 301 redirection or setup a redirection for link errors to redirect them to your homepage or 404 error page.

Vowels

Hi there,

I am also facing same type of 404 errors in search console of my website.
There are some 404 links, which all are updated and re-crawled by google successfully. But I am facing these link problems still in my search console.

Anyone has any idea , why it is happening and how should I recover from it ?

Michael L Crowe

404 Error means page not found. in sometime google can automatically generate URL . so please check your all urls and find this url and if possible remove this unnecessary url.
open webmaster
open Remove url and Click Temporarily hide.
Enter the relative path which is your 404 path
Remove from the site .
so this is the solution of your 404 Error

Sam

If the issue about SEO, 404 errors would not have an effect on your whole site's rank performance on SERP. But, to make a more user-friendly 404 errors, try to add some call-to-action content to your 404 page and add some interesting ads (if you'd like to). 404 errors may happen if you changing the permalink of a URL without 301 redirect the old URL. Just read the Google Webmaster Tools explanation about 404 error. I am sure my answer is based on Google explanation related to 404 error. May this helpful.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
wms
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.