Any tips on selling ebooks online?

Harry P

Any tips for selling ebooks online?
we have a small budget for FB ads and blog promotions, and I probably will sell the ebooks manually one to one through Facebook but other than that i got nothing
Any advice?

Ron Killian

You DON'T want to do it manually. No excuse not to automate these days. You could automate the sales and delivery process on your own site or using something like JVzoo. On your own site you can use something as simple as the only $7dollar secrets script, or there are wordpress plugins. Plenty of options.

We live in an instant society now days, people want it right now, more so online. If people don't get what they bought RIGHT NOW, they can and do get crabby. Plus, if they know it's manually (they have to wait on you), it could and probably will lost you sales. Instant download is what you want.

Not to mention, manually is going to take more of your time. This lowers your profit margins, if you put a value on your site, as you should.

Even more importantly, when you automate you can track conversions, and improve them, so you get more from your traffic. Which of course is VERY important if you are paying for traffic.

Have a sales system and drive traffic to the sales page. One step further, if you can, collect leads (subscribers) for those who do and don't buy. Upsells/related ads on your download pages. Or downsells if they don't buy. Think complete sales funnel.

Tom Howard

we have a small budget for FB ads and blog promotions, and I probably will sell the ebooks manually one to one through Facebook but other than that i got nothing
Any advice?
I believe the best service is Clickbank. And if you are really lucky you will attract some affiliates to help you. They have many articles there that you can gain knowledge from. I sold a book with an affiliate that was a Google Adwords Guru of sorts and wound up making over $10,000 in only 6 months!

Ron Killian

Ron Killian
Doesn't clickbank also charge $50 for each product added? They use to. With JVzoo or W+ it doesn't cost anything. But yes, CB might bring in more affiliates. Have to say I still get quite a few with the other two. Not many that make sales, but they come in.

ZAPPY

Clickbank referrals

I believe the best service is Clickbank.
As long as an affiliate, there's no optin form on the sales page and Clickbank payment processors are being used!

Too many Clickbank vendors get the referral onto their email list and dont credit the sale to the referrer once a purchase is made from their email followups.

Even when I reported that a Clickbank seller has switched to Paypal, I was shocked to see the product is still listed - with the Clickbank logo on the sales page!

Brandfuge

Create a presentation and video about your ebook.
Post your presentation in the slideshare.
Videos on to YouTube

Try to rank them for your perfect marketing long tail keywords
Get help from the SEO experts if you want.
Sure this will increase your sales.

davebusiness86s

Have you ever think about selling on Amazon?
My friend actually made a a killing just by selling ebooks on Amazon

Elisabeth Kuhn

About Clickbank: Yes, last time I checked, it does cost about $50 per product, but it's a one-time fee, well, aside from the other fees they deduct...

Personally, I might go with JVZoo. Yes, they also charge fees, but they also have a lot of affiliates. Make friends with the folks who list there and are successful affiliates, and promote their stuff, and when you have your product up (and they like it), then they'll help you too.

If you want a low budget option, consider eJunkie. I think it starts at $5/month, and they do have affiliates too.

And yes, then there's the Warriorforum ;-) And Warrior Plus.

OR you could invest in your own shopping cart...

Ron Killian

Well, with JVzoo and W+, what's nice is you only pay when you make a sale, they deduct the money. Though stinks W+ gets their share plus before anything else. So even at 50%, you don't get your 50%. But that is the price.

Your own shopping cart is certainly an option, but of course it doesn't comes with a built in possible affiliate army :)

Vowels

Tips For Selling ebooks online

Any advice?
Hello there,

By reading all previous answers you may have a proper idea about how to selling ebooks online.
I am just adding a small tip. If you want to sell more ebooks than you have to narrow aspect of your advertising or promotion. i.e. you have to aggressively promote your ebooks, where you got good results.
You have to make account on some good (niche) forums accounts and post context of your ebooks.

I am hoping this will surely help you in achieving what you are wanting to.

Thanks

SethTurin

What about ejunkie? Ejunkie has a few really ideal systems for delivering ebooks, such as imprinting the sale information separately on each copy to discourage file sharing. Has anyone used them?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Any advice?
In my personal opinion, the best ways to selling ebooks online are offering them on marketing forums and your email lists.
Other than that, you can go with a paid ads.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies