What is Scrapebox?

Conor

I have seen some information about Scrapebox and that it's for SEO but don't know exactly what it does and if it's any good. Has anyone used Scrapebox and if so was it any good and or is it just some kind of marketing gimmick?

SEOPub

It is not really specifically for SEO. It has a lot of functions.

What it can do is you can give it a bunch of different search terms... it could be as few as 1 or 50,000+. It will run those search terms through Google, Bing, or Yahoo and pull all the URLs from the search results.

You can think of all kinds of footprints to throw at it.

For example, lets say you wanted to find all the forums in a specific niche that run on IP Board...

You look at a few IP Board forums and find common threads to build a footprint around. Many of them at the bottom of the screen say "Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.". So you could feed 10,000 related keywords for your niche into Scrapebox, and have it tag this footprint on the search as well.

So it will do searches like
keyword1 + "Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc."
keyword2 + "Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc."

It will pull all the URLs in the search results.

Then you can tell it to remove duplicates (or have it do that automatically if you want in the settings). You can trim them all to the root if you want. There are a bunch of different things you can do from there.

You can also run a list of URLs through and it will check if they are indexed. It used to have a PR checker, but obviously that is useless now.

It does have an automated blog commenting function, but honestly, if blog commenting is part of your SEO strategy, your SEO strategy sucks.

There is a lot you can do with it to find potential outreach link opportunities. It is pretty much limited only by your creativity.

If you do get it, the interface is very plain and looks a little overwhelming at first. Once you understand what it is doing, it is pretty easy to navigate. You definitely want to rent some dedicated or semi-private proxies if you are going to use it much. Although it can scrape for public proxies, I would not waste my time. They won't last long at all and will just screw up your data.

Conor

It does have an automated blog commenting function, but honestly, if blog commenting is part of your SEO strategy, your SEO strategy sucks.
Then is it best to not use blog commenting as part of an SEO strategy all together or just automated blog commenting?

If you do get it, the interface is very plain and looks a little overwhelming at first. Once you understand what it is doing, it is pretty easy to navigate. You definitely want to rent some dedicated or semi-private proxies if you are going to use it much. Although it can scrape for public proxies, I would not waste my time. They won't last long at all and will just screw up your data.
Then would it be good to use a public proxy at first to learn how to use it best and then go the paid route or just start out paid and not waste time with public proxies?

SEOPub

SEOPub

I would not make blog commenting a part of an SEO strategy period. They are low quality links at best and very weak. Not worth the effort. If you find somewhere that can bring you some relevant direct traffic, great. I just wouldn't expect improved rankings from blog comments.

As for the proxies, up to you. Public proxies are going to be much, much slower than shared or private proxies. What takes 30 minutes with private proxies will probably take over 6 hours with public ones.

Brandfuge

The recent thing I admired with the scrapbox is its wonderful addon which does scraping of checking of expired domains. Nowadays I do work with expired high domain authority websites for my Tier 1 links which gives me greater results.

SEOpub has nailed other things. Thanks for that.

Conor

The recent thing I admired with the scrapbox is its wonderful addon which does scraping of checking of expired domains. Nowadays I do work with expired high domain authority websites for my Tier 1 links which gives me greater results.
Cool, I didn't know that it had that function. Is that an addon through the developer of Scrapebox or an outside addon developer?

I would not make blog commenting a part of an SEO strategy period. They are low quality links at best and very weak. Not worth the effort. If you find somewhere that can bring you some relevant direct traffic, great. I just wouldn't expect improved rankings from blog comments.
Thanks SEOPub. Are even the higher ranking authority blogs still not worth the effort? Meaning top blogs in their niches.

Conor

Gh0st4unt3r

You will find that scrapebox has some great tools but for the auto post side of things could impact negative on your seo campaign if found that you are using automation software can hurt your seo in the long run when search engines update.

This tool is probably best for scraping and gathering information that you can use to help you with your projects, but as mentioned in a previous post this tool is usually used by spammers and if found by say google it could impact badly on your long term goals ( Its getting known as spammy software ).

Gh0st4unt3r

For research you could use it, but if you wanted to do seo marketing properly you will find a lot of people will say manual approach works best. We all use tools for research but when it comes to actual posting of content always stay manual. This way you have more control over the content and less likely get a penalty from search engines.

Conor

Conor
Should I do completely manual SEO and marketing activities and not use anything automated to avoid search engine penalties?

davebusiness86s

You probably know about Scrapebox base on the everyone's answer, so I just going to give you an advice: Don't use it, or any other "auto link building" tools. From my experience using Money Robot, GSA SER, Scrapebox... I've learned that, your websites will eventually panalized by Google, unless you don't want to keep your website for long time.

Gh0st4unt3r

If you wanted to use scrapebox i would suggest only use it for research and gathering information. For the actual posting of content and link building side i would manually do this as it is far more effective and lasts longer.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads