What are developer rights?

Zack

I have come across the term "developer rights" in some of my searches but the places I have seen the information doesn't say exactly what that means. I tried looking in Google and it is saying mostly things that have to do with themes.

Does the term "developer rights" mean that you are allowed to take something and develop it further or does it mean something different?

Rob Whisonant

You need to read the actual terms of the license for what you are buying developer rights for. But, it usually means you can incorporate it into another product. Using your theme example, you can build websites for your clients using the theme you purchased developer rights for.

Zack

Zack
Then it's not just a basic term with the same meaning? I guess then it could be different from one use to the next then right?

I was just thinking that it was a general use term with the same exact meaning.

planker26

You should always check the license agreement of the intellectual property. Even for shareable intellectual property like open source code because it's also copyrighted.

Traffic

It could mean your allowed to make changes to source code customize improve co-develop. as long as you keep existing in tact with copyrights. Each licence is whatever author wishes but have seen the term used when allowed to make changes.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.