What is display traffic?

Zack

I have seen the term "Display Traffic" used around on different website development, SEO and internet marketing websites but I don't know what the exact meaning is.

Does that mean the number of views? If not then what does display traffic mean?

Gh0st4unt3r

Display traffic is ads that are displayed on a website such as banner ads that are placed on locations of your website.

so number of views would be the impressions and how many people have viewed the ad.

Empire

Disply traffic or PPV (pay per view) traffic is related to banner promotion. when you place a banner at your website/blog it is called banner promotion or display traffic (in your word)

Last edited:

vishwa

The generic term of display advertising is "banner ads" Where you show your banner on sites where you have buy the ad spaces. Buysellads is the best example of display advertising network. Here you can buy and sell your ads spaces.

Zack

Display traffic is ads that are displayed on a website such as banner ads that are placed on locations of your website.

so number of views would be the impressions and how many people have viewed the ad.
Then does each time someone refreshes a web page that counts as a unique view or is it only one per viewer that gets counted?

Disply traffic or PPV (pay per view) traffic is related to banner promotion. when you place a banner at your website/blog it is called banner promotion or display traffic (in your word)
So is it just referencing banner views or page views in general?

Buysellads is the best example of display advertising network. Here you can buy and sell your ads spaces.
If I have banner ad spots available on my site I can sell those spots on Buysellads? Is there some kind of traffic minimum or age minimum?

Gh0st4unt3r

it all depending on what the source is tracking if its set to unique then it would be 1 per visitor if its set to general impressions on the tracking then it would be 1 per page refresh.

Aegis software

The traffic which come from display ads like banner ads or image ads, so this kind of traffic known as Display traffic.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.