My site reach 1st page of Google with just one backlink?

Techdude

Have you guys ever heard this happening before? I got one link on NYTimes and my keyword made it to page 1.

Brad12

Absolutely this can happen.

I am a guest contributor on a number of sites. Recently I posted an article on TheBayNet and BlufftonToday for a client of mine for a keyword he is trying to rank for. He went from not ranking anywhere to page 2 in Google searches. Depending on the authority of the site you are getting a link from, it can definitely happen!

Gh0st4unt3r

It can happen if you manage to get a great backlink in a well known top website usually gov / edu backlinks are the best then it will be establishments like here in the uk BBC in US new york times

Though focusing on one place can be good but its wise to aim for multiple backlinks to gain better authority of your domain/website

Ranking is only 1 part its sustaining good flow of traffic that's the key from several avenues.

davebusiness86s

This happen all the time. It is Google dance, it is not consistent. After a while you will be dropped from top I think.
Can I ask how long your website has been created?

Vowels

Hello There,

First of all congratulation,

You got 1st page rank in google SERP . It can possible.Google always check authienticity of backlinks, as my fellow seo expert mentioned above that gov / edu backlinks are the good one.
But Still you have to tried hard to maintain your position same. Because, remaining google's favorite is a very tough task. So tighten your belt and get ready for the new challenge.

Thanks And Regards

SEOPub

Generally, if you are ranking on the first page of Google with little to no backlinks, that means either the competition for the keyword you are looking at is extremely weak or you are looking at personalized search results.

It could also be both.

Contentgather

Contentgather
My bet is this. For low competition keywords, getting first page after very little time/backlinks is....very....common.

If you don't mind sharing, what's the keyword? I suspect there's very little competition.

paul1129

paul1129
And also if the content is extremely unique.

Yeah, it can happen the if competition is too low. But the content which is on demand and low in competition is hard to find.

blog4everyone

Really amazing Google is unpredictable but I am happy that you have got the First spot in Google.
However, do not go with this only try your consistent performance of seo on your website so to remains on the top Google page.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
jyy
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.