Sudden Ranking Drop Overnight

paul1129

Get this.This happened to one of our clients. The site was ranking in the first or second or even in third position max in the niche. Suddenly, it has gone to 32 position.

I have seen pretty much every crazy ranking drops over these couple of months but it is the height of crazy at most.

There are no new backlink addition or subtraction, no change in content, no penalty, no new fuzz nothing. And I will mention this that the site has got no links from any kind of PBN's. All of the links are from guest posts which we have put on highly relevant pages with optimized anchor texts and few forum signature links which are basically no-follow. We have also seen the fact that they are not over optimized.

The client is obviously freaking out. Currently, we are looking at every point just don't have any clue yet. Hoping that it will come around soon.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Get this.This happened to one of our clients. The site was ranking in the first or second or even in third position max in the niche. Suddenly, it has gone to 32 position.
Does this affect to his web traffic?

For examples you can share a bit little more about google analytics or number of clicks from him?

If keyword ranking is suddenly dropped then his traffic will decrease accordingly.

paul1129

Yeah traffic has dropped tremendously. One page of the site was getting at an average 1000 uv's per day. Now it is barely getting 150.

vishwa

This is also known as Google dancing. If it does not fix in a short period than you have to re measure your SEO stuff. Check your backlinks. Make sure that your backlinks are of high quality.

Harry P

This is also known as Google dancing.
As I knew then Google dancing happened in a short time and that doesn't affect on traffic more.
Maybe we need a deep analysis on this problem.

All of the links are from guest posts which we have put on highly relevant pages
Are you sure your links on guest posts are maintained all the time or they removed them?
or the quality of guest post sites can be changed and it also is a reason to make your keyword rankings down.

vishwa

paul1129

paul1129
It hasn't been confirmed so we have to keep looking. Besides as I have mentioned earlier our client isn't using any PBN's.

hoangvu

I have seen pretty much every crazy ranking drops over these couple of months but it is the height of crazy at most.

There are no new backlink addition or subtraction, no change in content, no penalty, no new fuzz nothing. And I will mention this that the site has got no links from any kind of PBN's. All of the links are from guest posts which we have put on highly relevant pages with optimized anchor texts and few forum signature links which are basically no-follow. We have also seen the fact that they are not over optimized.

The client is obviously freaking out. Currently, we are looking at every point just don't have any clue yet. Hoping that it will come around soon.
There are many sasme questions like yours on the forum

https://www.webmastersun.com/threads/13439-Keyword-ranking-getting-down
https://www.webmastersun.com/threads/14744-Why-My-website-rank-is-go-down

Just using search function and you can find out more.

Sometimes your keyword or traffic can be down on search engines because Google update their algorithms which your backlinks or SEO techniques didn't work with them any more.

SEOPub

I know someone that saw a similar drop. Not as dramatic, but similar.

They were relying heavily on links from Huffington Post, which recently changed most of their external links to nofollow.

FoxMetrics

You client may not have any links from Huffington Post but may links from another site that did something similar Thus getting the same result. If this just happened today than it is most likely from the newest google update.

paul1129

paul1129
We are checking. But thanks for the advice.

And now we are seeing that there is a sudden rise in traffic then yesterday. Lets see to what it leads at the end of the day.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views