What is remnant traffic?

Liam

While looking at some posts about getting more traffic for my site I was seeing the term "remnant traffic" but there was no info on what it is exactly. I can't seen to find any kind of good answer anywhere.

Can someone explain to me what remnant traffic is?

paul1129

Suppose if you are selling through your site. And the entire traffic which doesn't get sold. Then the remaining traffic is known as Remnant Traffic.

You will heard this term in many ad agencies.

Last edited:

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Suppose if you are selling through your site. And the entire of traffic which doesn't get sold. Then the remaining traffic know as Remnant Traffic.

You will heard this term in many ad agencies.
It is a great answer but I could not understand completely.
Maybe I need an example.

And the entire of traffic which doesn't get sold.
If we sell web traffic then how to keep a part of it which "did not get sold". I understand what you are explaining, related to ad agencies but I could not understand why it called as unsold traffic.

paul1129

paul1129
Well say, you have a site which is getting 50k unique impressions to your ads which you sell directly from your site without any third party. Now, from 50k impressions the total outgoing traffic to the ads are about say 3k.

Let us assume now that your ad don't get sold out entirely only 30k impressions get sold. Then you will have remaining 20k impressions and outgoing traffic which will go unused. The amount that goes unused is 'Remnant Traffic'.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.