What are the best SEO onpage and offpage activities to do?

Seller

I'm trying to get a handle on the SEO factors that I need to focus my time one for my site. I have limited time so I want to spend it wisely when doing the needed SEO activities.

With that in mind, what are the best SEO onpage and offpage activities to do? I'm looking for the ones that will have the biggest impact on the SEO for my site.

Free-SEO-Tools

There are main 3 categories in off-page that are essential to boost the rankings of a webpage-

1) Link Building- Link building is one of the most useful techniques to stay on Google SERP. There are number of methods to generate backlinks for a site. These are-

• Forum Posting
• Blog Commenting
• Guest Posting
• Social bookmarking
• Directory Submission
• Local Business Listings
• Article Submission
• Question and Answer
• Video submission
• Infographics submission
• Classified ads
• Press Release
• Image submission

2) Content Promotion- Content is the best way to engage with your website’s users. To market your content, you need to promote your guest posting links, articles and blogs.

3) Social Media Marketing- Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, tumbler and many more platforms to promote the online business.

DarioPV

I'd suggest you to google this topic. There is a lot of great materials on this across the web. For off-page seo your best bet is probably guest posting. It is the most time consuming too so if you don't have a lot of time you could look to outsource it. I mean, it's not that you can't do it yourself but it will take a lot of time to get things going if you don't have any experience with it.

Nitesh Kumar

in SEO on page and off page seo is must.without doing any one its almost impossible to get search in top of the Google page.On page SEO work is a brain storming process you should not take it easy. most important factor is keyword research for your content.you better know about your competitor.for that you can take help from google keyword planner(free tool) to find out the best keyword for your niche content.
your content should be user friendly and should have relevency. Try to give attention by using different meta title,and description.

in off page seo you have to do one job. only link building and social media marketing of your niche product or blog.

it will help you a lot .

SamHeyerSeo

You have to create unique content. On Page SEO is all about content. If you have a small business Local Seo is a must SEO Strategy.

Seller

The most reasonable way to get links is through guest posting. It may take some time but its totally worth it.
Is that more for traffic or for rankings improvements?

You have to create unique content. On Page SEO is all about content.
All of my content is unique and I created it myself.

Does unique content improve the rankings for a site or is it just for the benefit of the readers of the posts and pages?

SEOPub

You do not need to create unique content to rank a page. It is easier, but not needed. Don't get hung up on it.

Someone last week posted Google's own SEO guide PDF on their site and outranked Google for the term "search engine optimization".

Not only was the content not unique, they outranked Google with their very own content.

They did it for the sole purpose of making a point that you do not need unique content to rank.

Intuz

On-Page SEO refers to all the things that you can do ON your website to help you rank higher, such as page titles, internal linking, meta tags & descriptions, URL structure, page loading time, Internal linkings, keyword research etc.

Off-page SEO techniques

The list of the off-page SEO techniques that you can apply for your website according to your website niche

Social media marketing

The channels you can use: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc.

Social bookmarks submission

The channels are: Digg, Delicious, Diigo, Reddit etc

Video marketing

The channels should be used: Youtube, vine, vimeo

Image marketing

For this you can use: Instagram, Pinterest, Flickr

PPT presentation and promotion

For this Slideshare, slideboom etc

Social Forums

There are many, you can choose as per your business niche. Search in Google for the same

Blogging Networks

Tumblr
Wordpress
Blogger

Aegis software

In On-page activity you have to create unique content and metas. And you can also focus on your site's design structure. Just create your sites in this way that user can find any information in minimum effort.

In off-page activity, you can get backlinks.
Blog posting,
Guest posting,
Forum posting,
Directory submission,
Local business listing

SamHeyerSeo

Relevance is all about the user. This means your title and questions you might create for each post - article and of course keywords. Use a variation of the keyword in the page title, H1 header, content and image alt tags. Remmeber that search engines value relevant content because of their commitment to a heightened user experience.

hynds

As I know that SEO techniques have 2 parts, that are:
1. On page SEO
2. Off page SEO

With Off page SEO, we have many ways to do, and here i know some ways as listed below
1. Forum Post.
2. Directory Submission.
3. Article submission (Articles needs to provide)
4. Web 2.0 (Articles needs to provide)
5. Social Bookmarking
6. Search engine submit lac
7. Blog Comment
8. Ping
9. Wiki links
10. Guest Posting
11. Classified Posting etc

On-Page Search Engine Optimisation
1. Page Titles
2. Meta Descriptions
3. Meta Tags
4. URL Structure
5. Body Tags (H1, H2, H3, H4, etc.)
6. Keyword Density
7. Image SEO
8. Internal Linking

I hope this helps.

meomeo031

If you have a Wordpress website then install these plugins in your website to boost the ranking of your website and they also control downloading time of your website:

* Loginizer

* Schema

* W3 Total Cache

* Yoast SEO

Lets come to on-page SEO - It means optimisation of your own website like an example: you have to implement some techniques in your website:

1. Page title & meta

2. H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6 (Keep in mind, H1 should be not more than 1)

3. Good quality of keyword rich content

4. Alt tags (on all images of the website)

5. Canonical tag (if needed)

6. Sitemap.xml

7. robots.txt

8. Interlinking (You can interlink your inner pages with top searchable page or home page)

Off-page optimisation: It means, you have to create good quality links for your website. Don't use Spam techniques because Google and other search engines don't like it. Some techniques of off-page optimisation:

1. Article submission

2. Guest posting

3. Blog posting

4. Social bookmarking

5. Business Listings

6. Profile creation

7. Forums

8. RSS Feeds submissions

9. Microblogging submissions

10. Directories

Good luck

Aegis software

Yes, Local business listing also works for e-commerce site. You can add all your business detail in local listing sites and you can also add some products as well.

Seller

Seller
Would it be a good idea then to get a listing for each area that you do business or would that be too much? Maybe just one for a general area?

ajaykumar

In on page seo we include meta title , description , keywords , robots.txt , sitemap.xml , .htaccess file , schema.org and in off page seo we make quality backlinks by social bookamarking , directory submission , pdf , ppt , video sharing , web 2.0 , article submission , guest posting , press release submission , blog commenting .

Scopehosts

On-page techniques is working with
-Keyword analysis
-Internal linking
-sitemaps
-meta tags
-Page titles

Off-Page techniques
-Forum Postings
-blogging
-article submission
-video marketing
-Image sharing

jennypitula

For on-page, you have to optimize your website properly. You should follow the steps accordingly;
1. Site analysis
2. Competitors’ analysis
3. Keyword research & analysis
4. Meta tag optimization
5. URL optimization
6. Heading tag optimization
7. Alt tag optimization
8. Content optimization

Off-page mainly brings much more traffic & link building is ultimate way for gaining much more traffic. For link building you can do:

1. Infographic Submission
2. Guest Blogging & Blogging
3. Article Posting
4. Document Sharing
5. Image Sharing
6. Classified Posting
7. Press Release and
8. Social Media

hostingsafety

I observe, many persons have answered the question,
I would like to proceed with the Google update and key terms

Recently Google has announced Fred update which leads every webmasters to proceed getting high quality backlinks through quality content. This activity further leads to increased domain authority and popularity of the website.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.