Your comment is awaiting moderation?

Seller

I got this message when I was trying to post on a forum that is related to the niche of my Wordpress blog, does that mean that I did something wrong? I have never posted a comment on that forum before so I thought that was it but I haven't seen that before on any other forums that I was new to.

Is there maybe something that I have done wrong like maybe posted a word that isn't allowed? I never post any questionable content.

ulterios

It could mean many different things but I doubt that it's because of something in your message. It's usually because the forum admins have just set up the forum to hold new members posts in moderation because they are trying to avoid spam.

Forums are the targets of many spammers and this is usually done to help prevent the boards from filling up with spam posts.

Lots of forums will do this that get a lot of spam and don't have the staff there to handle it.

Mike001

Ulterios, is right on track, the only thing I would add is that some site admin, I have actually set up a customer site like this, they used this feature to approve site content before it is posted.

I thought it was kind of strange that they would want to make certain that they filtered out all negative comments on their products, but it was there site.

My guess is, like Ulterious pointed out, they have or had a spamming issue and are making certain that only valid posts are being loaded on the site.

Seller

Seller
So they wanted to make sure that anything that was bad or harmful could be edited out or deleted?

I bet a lot of company or business websites do that these days. :think:

vishwa

I got this message when I was trying to post on a forum that is related to the niche of my Wordpress blog, does that mean that I did something wrong? I have never posted a comment on that forum before so I thought that was it but I haven't seen that before on any other forums that I was new to.

Is there maybe something that I have done wrong like maybe posted a word that isn't allowed? I never post any questionable content.
It will depends on several factors. If you are new user to that forum than it might be the reason behind it. Most forums moderate threads that are posted by newly registered users. After few posts it will be removed.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads