What does resource limit is reached mean?

Zack

I was checking out some websites and one was displaying an error message when I was trying to view the website.

It said "resource limit is reached". What does that mean?

vishwa

It means that their hosting account limits has been exhausted. Most of the web hosting companies have some limits on their hosting plans. If you cross that limit than you will get that notice. Webmasters have to pay for the overage charges to restore their website.

Zack

Zack
I wasn't sure if that's what it meant or if it was something else.

Why do they have to pay overage? Do you mean bandwidth use?

vishwa

vishwa
Yes, Definitely. When You cross their bandwidth limit or disk space limit, they will charge you for overages. Sometimes they will also charge you extra if you reached their CPU usages.

Zack

Zack
Will they let you go over your disk space limit but charge you or is there something that will prevent you from being able to go over no matter what?

Like if I have 50MB left for example and I try to upload a 60MB file, will it allow the upload but charge you or will it stop the upload from completing?

Seller

I was getting that message on my old hosting sometimes but after switching to a new web hosting provider I haven't gotten that message at all. I think that the quality of the web hosting service provider might have a lot to do with if and how often you see that message.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.