Negative Search Result Suddenly on Top of Google

Justin Philipps

I can't understand how a negative search result from a not-so authority website can quickly and suddenly appear on top of search results from nowhere (or maybe page 5 or lower) of search results. I've been monitoring the search results for the brand name + "reviews" for a few months now, and just a few days ago, this suddenly appeared on top of the search results, outranking even our own website and some positive search results. I can't really understand how it happened, the page was not even given enough backlinks or promotion to reach the first page.

Salmonjames

Well, there could be the number of reasons. All it depends on what's the domain authority of that site. For example, if you're negative review is coming from renowned sites like Reddit and Quora, then it will surely take no time to outrank itself from others. This is what I know.

paul1129

Are you sure that the site hasn't got any new backlinks?

paul1129

DA & PA are third party metrics.

I don't even care about them. As long as your links are strong you will rank at first.

And I think that your competitor is getting link juice out of a site which you are not aware of.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
PRO
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.