Need Help 1 Page Optin Site

LeanerQuick

Hello everyone, Im new to building a website and I just wanted to know how could I make it to where it is mandatory to enter in your email in order to gain access to my website ? So sort of like a video landing page, but the user is directed to confirm their email in order to view the content within my site. Any thoughts as to how I could do this guys ?

Mike001

There are many ways to do what you have requested much of it depends on your level of expertise in the development of dynamic web pages.

You could setup up a log in system to access the main site, based on a user submitting a email address, with a login and password, and then have the email address verified, once that occurs, the login and password become active a new selection appears on the landing page giving them access to the main site.

But I have question the logic behind this type of system. The likely hood that people will give you a valid email address and a logging into a system that they have no idea what the content is highly suspect. I have seen a few sites like this in my travels on the web and I immediately leave those sites.

You would be better served to have them enter your site and browse through what is available wet their appetite with your content, get them interested in the subject and then have them given the option to get additional information with a popup that requests an email address and a login to a protected section of the site.

Again there are many ways that this can be accomplished based on your level of knowledge in site development.

Let me know your background and I can get more particular for you.

Mike001

I would hope you are correct SEOPub but from what I have seen over the last couple of years I take nothing for granted anymore.

I had a customer that wanted to do something similar, by using a log in Pop-Up, that required an email, password and login ID over a transparent background dimming out his entire home page, until the email was entered and verified. I tried to explain how this would impact his users and traffic but he knew better and wanted it done.

It did not work out well for him or his site. I won't go into the details but his site is no longer configured that way.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.