How many Backlinks do you need to rank on top 1 Google?

Dmoz

Hi there,

we need hundreds or even thousands of backlinks for a keywords or a website to rank it on first page,
in your opinion, how are quantity and quality backlinks affect SEO ?

any thoughts ?

Ric

You cannot describe backlinks in terms of number. You just need 1 more backlink from the total number of backlinks have your competitor. Its difficult to find that how many backlinks your competitor have.

AndrewFlintoff

Re:

There are neither required hundreds of back links nor very old domain, You need some links with high quality. Google always love to offer quality result to users. You also have to offer quality result and you can certain have advantages in SERP and PR.

bruno007

Well no one can tell you how many links you need to rank at #1 at SERP. It depends on your competitors back links, your sites authority, structure etc. If your site is delivering high value to people then it can rank well in SERP without much amount of backlinks. I would suggest to go for quality not for quantity.

abhi_garg

My according no you should make more back link for get no 1 ranking on Google.

bruno007

bruno007
I would say you are partially right. No matter how hard you try to build backlinks for your website, it won't help you until yo deliver value through your website. I can suppose there might be some chances to rank well in SERP by more backlinks but you will not be able to sustain that for long.

Alex Thompson

There are neither required hundreds of back links nor very old domain, You need some links with high quality. Google always love to offer quality result to users. You also have to offer quality result and you can certain have advantages in SERP and PR.

Rob Alice

In search engine optimization (SEO), backlinks refer to hyper-links pointing to a particular Web page. Backlinks are important to SEO, because Google considers the quality and quantity of backlinks to determine PageRank.

mugwande

Getting a page rank or being on first page in serps does not necessarily mean to be with many back links but the high quality back links, You maybe with 200 back links and come first yet another one with 5000 back links be on 20 page so you need quality but not quantity.

brad

There are no parameters set about it however it is necessary that your website has good page rank and enough traffic than that of your competitor.

Stephen Seabrook

Hi there,

we need hundreds or even thousands of backlinks for a keywords or a website to rank it on first page,
in your opinion, how are quantity and quality backlinks affect SEO ?

any thoughts ?
Ranking is not about quantity, it all about quality backlinks.According to Google's latest update you have to make a genuine and qulaity posting and back linking to be a one of the top ranker in Google.

OliviaPeter

Actually there's no particular number of back links or limit to rank up your websites. Basically a search engine crawlers consider the quality and quantity of the back links.

Last edited:

Joseph_Hill

Its a world of competition, you don't need to create bulks of back links instead of that if you'll make just one more link then your competitor site then also you'll be able to get better ranking then that site.
I don't think that number of backlinks is the factor to rank on top 1 in Google, because I have found some search results where the sites with very few backlinks almost below 100 got rank 1 on Google's search results, and what I found when I compared all the shown results was that, that site was having the most relative content for my search query. So I think we really need to focus on the content of our site.

gaganmasoun

If your backlinks have a good quality then you can better ranking in Google.

Quantity is good for this but Google consider the quality of backlinks.

JoeHasty

Yes of course large number of back links are very important to increase ranking of any website in top, but you cant ignore quality of back links also.

JoeHamilton

You don't need thousands of back-links for ranking your keywords on top in SERP. The thing you need is a proper keyword research.

Shirley_Sharp

It is important to make quality links rather then so much quantity of backlinks with spam, and after then ranking will depend upon how many backlink competitor sites are creating, you will have to compete in that number of backlinks.

JoeHasty

How one can decide that how many backlinks one should make in a day?

guma

Ranking in SERP is not just depend on number of backlinks, your site must be user friendly and more search engine friendly so you must have to optimize your site in such manner as google is always tended to provide best results to its users.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.