How to choose good domain name for your business

Tommy

Choose a domain name for your business is very important in internet marketing. A good domain will help you expand your brand and increase sales. Here's some simple tip to choose a good domain name for your business.

1. Don't register a long domain names, limit it from 5 to 8 characters in your domain is best.
2. Domain must relate to your niche, If you're selling website templates, try words like templates or website themes..etc in your domain.
3. Domain must be unique - Don't register domains same as existed ones.
4. try to search in Google first, if your domain going to be registered, has keyword relevancy with over 5000 results in google. That's a good domain.
5. Domain doesn't involve to trademarks with other company. If you don't follow this, you can get problems with your domain trademark.
6. After all, register your domain and setup your business.

If you have other tips, don't hesitate to share your tips about How to choose good domain name for your business here.

Dirks

I would also add that it is secure to deal with Domain Registrar instead of dealing with web hosting provider that offers domain registration services. I know that sibername.com is one of the best options. I like them and glad to deal with them.

SanerWorld

A little clarification on Item #3 above regarding registering a domain: If a domain is already registered, you cannot register it again. So, if you want to build a site about selling dogs and dogsales.com already exists, you cannot register that domain as it already exists. You could, however, register alternate TLD versions of that name, such as dogsales.net or dogsales.info. BUT! I would not recommend that, as most people will instinctively go to the .com version of the domain name and the guy that built dogsales.com will probably end up with the traffic that you want. Find a different domain to use that still has the same idea, such as dogsalestips.com instead (NOTE: I have no idea if any of the mentioned sites already exist; this is just an example.)

purnima

It's very simple. Use KISS formula i.e., Keep in short and simple. The last thing is, select a business related domain names.

whland

Great tips. I recently changed webhosting-land.com to speedycrow.com as I found out it's best to also do away with the hyphen as sometimes people forget to type the hyphen. Also the new domain is easier to remember than the old one.

Chad

yfsindia

I totally appreciate with the given ideas for choosing good domain name for your business.

LeetHost

Use your business name in the url, plus the tld according to your nation or .com so that you can get more visitors.

MichaelBowden

We have to choose domain name which best match with our business niche and if we insert main keyword in that then we can capture targeted traffic very easily.

JimmyCox

There are many rules available on various SEO related websites for choosing a good domain name. Please Google it out for getting more information about how to choose a good domain name.

jack85

choose the domain name according to your business name.

Rukowebsite

I choose domain name with a simple name, easy to spell and remember and also has a relationship from my business

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Ric
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies