What is the best ecommerce software for an online store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johes 115

I am new here. So excuse me if my question looks silly or somewhat... I gonna build an online store so I’m looking for the best ecommerce software. The software must allow for customization. I’m not interested in a template that 1000s of others are already using. I also don't want to spend too much - is there a good free or pretty cheap version? Is there any support for this version?
Please let me know what you suggest.

Loo

There is never somewhat best ecommerce software. The platform which fully fits your needs is the best. The popular ones include Shopify, BigCommerce, Joomla, Magento, etc. WordPress Woocommerce or GOSU Sell are cost-effective options for small businesses.

Another suggestion for online stores is live chat software, which enables you to engage visitors in real time. It has been widely used by ecommerce sites to improve customer satisfaction and sales conversion. If you use Wordpress, there are some chat plugins for you to choose, such as Comm100 Live Chat, Live Person, etc. Good Luck.

Trevor

I have never gone practically through these eCommerce software. May be in future I will need these software to develop my own eCommerce website as I am planning to do so.
You can use any open source software for that. And if you need software then you can option for joomla software system or you can also have a look at wordpress the features for online marketing in wordpress are really great.

JoeHasty

I think you can take a trial of fortune 3 that is a web store builder software and you can use it with ease. It will help you a lot in making an online store.

BloodMaster

For eCommerce try x-cart, Open cart, WordPress, Zen cart. These are great platform to create the site.

Roger Minto

I am using 3dcart Shopping Cart Software. It's really easy to use and customize. They don't take any transaction fees. And specially the features are really great.

glennyjoycelyn

Its not that using ready made script will look similar to others site, hence ready made script only will available for less cost and by changing the design and additional features you will get totally different site , with different look and feel.
Also while you going with php based script you can customize at any time...

Hope you can approach Agriya where you can find php based ready made script and custom based web development.

devpoint

Shopify is my top recommendation if you want to get an online store launched quickly, especially if you lack technical skills. It’s well known for its easy-to-use interface and free coaching, and is a leader in the eCommerce space.

nicolasprince

For any eCommerce site, there are many platforms to start with, but I would recommend you Magento or WordPress. Both of these CMSs are convenient to use and user friendliness. You would feel easy while you are designing your first eCommerce business site.

Hawker

I would say, if you're not very advanced at all this stuff then go with WordPress CMS as its the most user friendly and most comprehensive CMS out there.

Plus its super flexible, can be used for virtually anything you can think of and there are literally a billion different themes and templates you can choose from and install.

Also themes/templates can often be easily modified to fit the look of your site so that its unique in its look and feel.

I've never used Magento or Shopify, Joomla etc so cannot comment on them.

Back 10 years ago you needed to invest hundreds of dollars if you wanted a professional looking online store.

These days of course all you need is WP / WooCommerce plugin and a nice professional theme from themeforest or something and away you go!

Hope this helps. :)

Allchat

I personally use easy digital downloads for WordPress, not sure if it's the absolute best but I have had great success with it. It's free and has mass extensions.

Some free and some paid, it depends on how you want your store to be layed out and what features you want. There are endless choices out there..

Hope this helps :)

SenseiSteve

I'd take a look at Prestashop, WooCommerce and ECWID.

Developer

WOW! This message was posted over 2 years ago and by someone
who made 1 post -- this one -- and has never been back since. I am
shocked to see people still actively replying.

I am NOT saying people should not be replying as other people may
have the same question now as the OP had back then, I am simply
saying I am surprised, that's all. LOL.

scottgarza

I would strongly tell that Magento is one of the most trusted Ecommerce software and platform by the world leading brands. If your online eCommerce store is the core of your business then would strongly recommend to go with Magento eCommerce.

Magento is similar to WordPress which includes all of the SEO features built right in it, and you can expand on your search engine optimization with your own customization.

I would also strongly recommend to check out with EcommerceMix Team to get the help for starting an online store by their Ecommerce marketplace scripts.

shivaganguly

There are many online softwares for best ecommerce development. Woocommerce, shopify, magento, opencart, etc are some of them. But I would suggest you to go with some company who can build the website for you so that it will be easy for you. Customization will be possible with that. There are many companies in market who will do it in reasonable rate.

PatrickT

I am new here. So excuse me if my question looks silly or somewhat... I gonna build an online store so I’m looking for the best ecommerce software. The software must allow for customization. I’m not interested in a template that 1000s of others are already using. I also don't want to spend too much - is there a good free or pretty cheap version? Is there any support for this version?
Please let me know what you suggest.
SHOPIFY for sure! It't the best for newbies, for businesses that just started out. It offers you more than 1300 apps to add to your store to expand the efficiency of your business. Also the have experts for hiring if you want custom-made design or functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.