Will it increase the bounce rate?

Joseph_Hill

Hello friends! I do not that is it a right place to start this, but I am very confused about the following thing and need your suggestions.
I have created a blog page on my website, and to show Google that my page has a good traffic I set my page as a homepage in the browsers of all the systems in my office, but later one thing came to my mind that when my employees will open their browsers they will just exit after the page will get open or even before that, so I want to ask you what effect it will bring to the ranking of my website? Will bounce rate will get increase by this?

Please suggest me!

SEO Land

I think it will not increase bounce rate of the site because the users will go to the other page of site and not to other site.

aksel

I think that yes it will increase the bounce rate, but you can do one effective measure, ask them to stay on that page for 1 minute, and then visit the every page of your website for a few seconds this way you will get traffic and your bounce rate will not increase that much.

William Minarik

Yes it will increase the bounce. Why are you using this method to increase the hits, instead of them ask them to daily give some time on that website, and visit all the pages alternatively.

radhika

If you are thinking that Google tracks the browser homepage visits on your computer, I don't think so (UNLESS I logged in as Google user into any of my accounts). Google monitors the people behaviour out of their SERPs. If I set yahoo.com homepage, how Google tracks my visits to it?

JamesScruggs1

Yes it'll increase bounce rate on your website because it is important to spend some quality time on page for genuine visits.

Rodney Olson

I think this is a tough question. Because I also think that Google do not track the browsers homepage visits but if it tracks such then it will surely increase the bounce rate. One thing I can suggest you that you should tell them not to close that tab the whole day or for at least an hour this will not increase the bounce rate.

Last edited:

Mark I. Bentz

I really don't think that it will increase the bounce rate for your website, because do not track the browser home page visits, but if you are confused what to do then go with the Rodney's suggestion on post #8.

Anthony M. Dyer

I am not too sure about Google but it will increase traffic in alexa if you might have installed an alexa tool bar.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.