How to remove URLs from google search results?

Maxwell

Hello,

my question is How to remove URLs from google search results?

I got problem when i have an old site and now I removed to a new site( new domain) thus I want to remove old urls from old site that cached on google search result?

share me solutions?

thanks in advanced

bob

It's rather complex for users to find exact tool from google for removing urls from search results :D

Hello,

my question is How to remove URLs from google search results?

I got problem when i have an old site and now I removed to a new site( new domain) thus I want to remove old urls from old site that cached on google search result?

share me solutions?

thanks in advanced
Hey, you need to login into your Google webmaster tool account and go to this link
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals

How to use
remove-urls-from-google-search-results.png

Adding urls that you want to remove and clicking request removal button to finish.

:smart:

fastreplies

fastreplies
There is nothing complex about that cauz Google is offering that service
for years and years now and anyone who uses WMT knows that.

What make it complex is your lack of understanding why OP is asking how.
I'm sure if he had access to WMT, he would find answers in there in no time
without asking us what to do and I wouldn't have to give him outside of WMT link.

Other than that, OP is a Troll and I just wasted my time for nothing.

:rolleyes:

fastreplies

bob

bob
You are wrong, OP is not a Troll as you though, I suppose that his question is exact for what he needs and sure that more people looking forward to find tool like that.

Dexsmart

Just go to webmaster tools and you have the option to no-index links, simple.

Last edited:

gotgmovie2014

Do it No index and if there are bad links that you want to remove from google then you can also do this by Disavow tool Provided by google. But here what you have asked for is to remove urls of your old website then what you can do remove those urls from old website's cpanel and wait for google to recrawl your website. Boom GOne.

ketul

Go to webmaster tool -> Google index -> Remove URL

LanceBachmann

If you are the admin as in your case you are - then you could do following things

To prevent most search engine web crawlers from indexing a page on your site, place the following meta tag into the <head> section of your page:

<meta name="robots" content="noindex">
To prevent only Google web crawlers from indexing a page:

<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">
You should be aware that some search engine web crawlers might interpret the noindex directive differently. As a result, it is possible that your page might still appear in results from other search engines.

Else Go to Google Webamsters - [URLnf=https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/url-removal]https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/url-removal[/URLnf]

And create a request by adding URL`s in there.

FreedomBlogger

You can remove links from the search engines by changing a few rules in you Robot.txt file

You should also make your URL a No-Follow.

This should do the trick! ;)

Cheers!

Worldeyeglasses

You can Demote the links in Google Webmaster. Also you can take the traffic of older pages to the new ones. robots.txt file is also useful for removing unwanted Urls.

HostNurse

You can use robots.txt to block access and deindex the URL's you want removed from search results.

Just make sure you don't block your entire website.

jamesalan

I don't recommend to block your old website on robots.txt. Redirect homepage as well as all URLs of your website to the new corresponding URLs, this way all the PR juice will flow to the new website. If your website were performing good on search result then new domain will get that position after few days..

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.