External Links and Internal Links?

abhijepansd

Hello,

What is the main difference between External and Internal Link ?
Please give me any definitions

Thanks in advanced

erdr86

Internal links are made within a website like its inner pages while external links, other site links on my website.

RH-Calvin

Internal links are other web pages of your website. They help to redirect your visitors to the other pages of your website. External links are the links to other websites which link back from your website pages.

Reactions: NaturalWriter

Maxwell

Maxwell
so, what is more important ? and why?

NaturalWriter

NaturalWriter
Google likes interlinking :D

Interlinking within your own site is a MUST!!
Internal linking helps to keep your bounce rate low, by giving them the chance to cruise through your site with ease. Giving them different links to click on each post or page, provides them with the choice to move forward and read more about what you offer, therefore making them STAY LONGER on your site... Which ultimately means they like what they read :)

Last edited:

Maxwell

Maxwell
I agree with this idea!
I knew that internal links are important for website but how to apply it right way then it's a problem, I am looking for information relate to that :) ( how many internal links for an article and how to apply internal links between articles and on the website...etc)

NaturalWriter

NaturalWriter
Think of your website as a spider web. which is what I do...lol

:D Pick your main focal point (I would think it would be your sales page).

:D Don't put several links on the same page. Have the order page accessible to every page, and have another linking to another related story/article/post, this way they have the option to order or keep reading.

:D Be careful when you add external links (that's if you do). If you must, I would only incorporate one or two in the article itself, and nowhere else... Also you want to make sure they open in separate windows so you don't lose your visitors :)

Last edited:

Nature

If you running a blog than interlinking is must. Because through that reader can engage with your blog from a long time. :)

Pragyan

Links that are coming from other sites to yours one are external links and links that are made within your site are called internal links...

sarah maegan

According to me internal link is the one that links your page with other webpages of your own website. This is important for better indexing as well as for user reference to the related pages.

While the external link is the one that goes out from your website. They are the link backs you provide from your site to other websites. This is somewhat harder and it must be less.

So internal linking is more important as they provide faster indexing as well as good user experience.

ketul

External means back link that comes from other sites or blogs or post. It is helpful to increase PR and visibility on SE. Internal link means your sites link that connected with each other.

DavidYFoster

Internal link: links that starts with your domain name or simply we can say that a hyperlink that links to another page on the same website.
External link: links that does not start with your domain name or a hyperlink that links to another website.

marclewis

Internal links point from one page on your site to another whereas external links are links from one site to another.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.