1000 users in real time but no signups?

lisa

Just logged into my Google Analytics account and was pleasently surprised to that I am having around 1021 visitors on my site. But when I checked the signup details, There was nothing. Not even a single signup? why didn't I got even a single sales or signup?

I think this can be a design flaw but still there should be minimum of 5-10 signups for every thousand visitors alteast!. Please help guys

Shane

Two things come to mind here...

1. Is your traffic TARGETED? (for example, if you're sending a bunch of 18 year old boys to a
website that is about anti-wrinkle face cream, they aren't going to signup...)

2. Is your traffic REAL people? They could be bots, spiders, crawlers, etc...

Alawi

1000 users in real time but no signups?

I'm not surprised from this scenario and I think that you have also a high bounce rate that cause the visitors to change or transfer site page to another. Focus on providing engaging content for your targeted audience, this will create a possible conversation and sharing.

Dexsmart

Probably your bounce rate is double than normal. That means you need to reduce to half in order to get converted. I don't believe in not targeted traffic once you have it. The only problem is the site. You don't know how to keep it and convert it. Your CPA (Call-to-Action) like other things maybe. Start and focus on your on page, design too. They are very important.

lisa

lisa
Thanks for great advice, I had a check on these points and it really was improved.
Since improved CTA, content and design of my site, sales are increased and I think that I did some wrong things on my site in the past.

HostaPolis

I have around the same on one of my blogs but I actually do have 7 sign-ups. As mentioned, a lot of the traffic can be made up of crawlers and bots. This is especially true if you used a traffic increasing service. I would never mess with those unless you want legitimate people on your site. Where is the bulk of the traffic coming from directly?

lisa

you can track them from IP address if they are fake
What tools have you used to track IP address from web visitors?
I wanted to have one but I don't know which tool is more effective in this case.

I have around the same on one of my blogs but I actually do have 7 sign-ups. As mentioned, a lot of the traffic can be made up of crawlers and bots. This is especially true if you used a traffic increasing service. I would never mess with those unless you want legitimate people on your site. Where is the bulk of the traffic coming from directly?
It came from search engines and social media but I am wondering why my site has less signups. I should ask reviews from people to improve my sites.
I am not sure its design or web content is working effectively or not.

HostaPolis

HostaPolis
Sometimes it is something you aren't doing rather than are doing. Have you considered offering something free for signing up? This is an easy way to get a lot of new sign-ups. You can even do a give-away of sorts related to your niche and only people who "sign up" will be entered. Then get that advertised on social media. Trust me, that works.

kim16

I was highly struck by your second question. I'm not too familiar with online marketing but it didn't really come to my mind that you can unintentionally target bots, etc.

joe

What kind of sign up is it?

I am thinking the same as the commenters above that the traffic must be fake.

Use "Statcounter.com" to check the IP addresses, browsers, and screen sizes of the visitors. If the IP addresses show that it's from data networks, then it's very likely that the traffic is generated by private proxies.

I hope it helps.

HostaPolis

If it is legitimate traffic then you have a design flaw. Try making it easier to sign up, less boxes to fill out on the registration page for example. Perhaps prompt users to register with a modal box every X pages too.

liferockstore

This might be the happened just because you have not set any proper goals for your website or maybe your bounce rate is quite high which leads your visitors to change from one site page to another. Try to update quality rich content on any of your landing pages in order to engage your visitors or customers for bit more time to your website, this will even increase the chances of your sale.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.