paid traffic and free traffic

mark

Guys, This is my first time on adwords and I am planning to start it for a client site

Free Traffic - unreliable, very slow, inconsistent, not active

PAID traffic - Fast, reliable stable, trust-able

But I have got good sales from free traffic too. does it means that I will get much better returns on Adwords?

DNP

why don't you want to try seo?

mark

mark
I am still doing but it's really very difficult because having too many competitors out there and SEO needs time and patience.

Epic

You should work on getting both type of traffic, free and paid traffic. Yes free traffic is hard to get and you need to work hard on your business SEO and SEM to obtain targeted free traffic that can be converted into sales, and to achieve this type of traffic, you will need to market your business on the right places.

Randhal007

If you can maximize the SEO, so I think you don't need the Paid traffic

IMPro

SEO generates long terms free traffics, increase site's authority and longevity.

Paid traffic gives you quick exposure to targeted audience. This kind of traffic last for as long as you run paid campaigns; once the campaigns are stopped, traffic also stopped flowing to your site.

Now, if you have product for sale that can make you profit, it's better to go with paid traffic and SEO as well.

elcidofaguy

Guys, This is my first time on adwords and m planning to start it for a client site

Free Traffic - unreliable, very slow, inconsistent, not active

PAID traffic - Fast, reliable stable, trust-able

But I have got good sales from free traffic too. does it means that I will get much better returns on Adwords?
Hi Mark -

As this is your first time on Adwords then you need to be real careful and start slowly... First of all take the time and effort to read up on the policies and make sure that the website is compliant e.g. privacy, disclaimers, disclosures etc... In addition avoid any exaggerated/unrealistic claims and further make sure testimonials have appropriate disclaimers...

Getting passed that and for your first campaign you need to be aware of Adrank and how that works.... The less relevant your ad is to the keyword (as well as the landing page) - the lower your adrank score will be and consequently the cost per click goes up!!!

Therefore make sure to:

1) Create multiple campaigns and ads which include the keywords in your ad text.
2) Consider using multiple landing pages which display keywords.
3) Target long tail keywords there are cheaper and not top level ones when it is ambiguous as to intent... Lets say its for dog training... then avoid the primary keyword "dogs" as it could relate to anything... focus on long tail e.g. "dog training at home", "dog training DVDs" etc... its more specific and likely to lead to better conversions...

In addition as you run your campaign - remove the keywords which are not converting... So keep a close eye on your ROI...

I only ever run my ads on G's search results... and never use the partner network... The quality of traffic on search is much better as people are typing these words into search where as ads displayed on "adsense" sites is not - and you can lose a lot of cash due to curiosity clicks or worse people attempting to manipulate Adsense to make cash...

Finally and its a very important point - make sure you ad reflects what you are offering... As you only want people who are more likely to buy... So dont make it ambiguous... For example if its dog training then I recommend that your ad states the price e.g. "Dog Training Videos For $49" .... That way you remove unnecessary clicks which costs and your clicks will be more targeted to people willing to buy....

I hope that helps!

Best of Luck,

Sid

skmyna

It is all about time vs money. To generate free traffic, you to get to invest a lot of time but if you have money and want to grow your business fast then go with paid traffic. I always prefer paid traffic.

kb24

I would actually do both. Diving into paid traffic does not mean that you will be profitable right away. Its a different animal than SEO. You will need to do alot of testing and tweaking. If you are just starting out with paid traffic do some research on it. If you don't know what you are doing you can lose money very quickly. Go into it investing small and then scale from there.

hope this helped.

oldnickb

When you start on Adwords it's really easy to lose money hand over fist. I always suggest that you try other networks first.

They won't bring as much traffic, although the Bing yahoo network isn't far behind, but there is less competition and lower costs so your mistakes will lose you a lot less cash.

It's also incredibly easy to accidentally break adwords terms. I've known somebody have their account closed because a site they were linking to didn't comply, and trying to get your site reinstated is a nightmare. I've personally had an ad suspended and noticed my site drop from page 2 to nowhere, so be canny.

webpundits

Hi,

I have tried both. But got best results only through SEO. Only Organic traffic will get you good sales.

Regards

james01

Both Paid and free traffic is good for better ROI of your business. For Example if you have a new website, then you can go for Adwords for paid traffic as well as use the SEO on-page and off-page, link building techniques for Organic traffic. As above mentioned, SEO is a slow process (definitely it's true), but if one can use good techniques in SEO, then got guaranteed better results in less time.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.