Singular vs Plural, Which Domain Name I Should Pick?

lisa

I am going to buy a domain for offering my web products on it

But I don't know which one I should choose. For examples, 2 domain names like that: MyProduct(.)com and MyProducts(.)com, and

Which one would be best in your view? which one will you vote? - the singular or the plural?

Notice that the plurals get more traffic and friendly with Search engines?

hipcat

I always get the plural version because, for SEO purposes, it covers both the singular and plural versions of the keyword in whatever search phrase is typed into the field.

lisa

lisa
Thanks for your suggestion but I think about trademark purpose, it should use Singular then will be better, right?
And which cases should we should Singular and Plural for our domain names? any its advantages?

hipcat

If your product has a trademark you want to use in the domain, then that would work, but for the product itself I would use plural for the SEO advantage.

For example, your domain should be cheapfutons.com, rather than cheapfuton.com because then your domain covers both search phrases, such as "Where can I buy a cheap futon?" and "Where can I buy futons for cheap?"

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.