Pagination pages are not getting indexed by Google SEO?

marco

I am running a small forum and many threads have multiple pagination pages but for some reason many are not indexed by Google. I have added rel next prev but didn't help?

Can any one help me with this infinite pagination? How to incorporate it so that Google will be able to index it?

Inquestor

Have you created a sitemap and submitted it? Most of the time google will find your pages, even if you don't want them too :)

Are you also talking about infinite scroll pagination? If yes, the reason why bots can't find these pages is because they ignore javascripts. I would create a sitemap.xml file and submit it to see what happens.

Eventually, google bots will find and index your pages.

Cheers!
Inquestor

marco

I have the sitemap and everything, just strange that some pagination pages are not indexed. Maybe it's better to use show more but again it uses jQuery. I was showing 10 posts per page now increase to 20 let say if that will make any difference.

Alex Thompson

I am running a small forum and many threads have multiple pagination pages but for some reason many are not indexed by Google. I have added rel next prev but didn't help?

Can any one help me with this infinite pagination? How to incorporate it so that Google will be able to index it?
Check your title tag for each page on your forum. You need to make them separate by adding page number automatically on title.

marco

Thanks buddy I did that late though!

Each page shows different description and has it's own canonical URL also title has page number at the and YET the page don't get indexed!

yestyle

Thanks buddy I did that late though!

Each page shows different description and has it's own canonical URL also title has page number at the and YET the page don't get indexed!
You did right, problem is Google has still not indexed for your urls
For example, you try to search on Google.com these URLs
https://www.webmastersun.com/forums/10-Search-Engine-Optimization
https://www.webmastersun.com/forums/10-Search-Engine-Optimization/page2
https://www.webmastersun.com/forums/10-Search-Engine-Optimization/page3
they are the same to your urls and they are indexed, right?
My advice is you need to wait and patient till Google index your page URLs

Alawi

Most of the time for new websites like this forum site is getting a hard time in indexing issues and this will be depending on how long it will take before Google index your page or site. Sometimes the problem is within the website that are blocking the search engine bots.

fieldomobify99

You can index every page of your site via seo technique . Firstly you have need to optimize your webpage and on-page activities and then you have need to submit that page in social bookmarking sites to get index very soon.

marco

Thanks guys. My site is 1.4 years old BUT I only discovered and corrected the issue like 2 weeks ago! I will wait as suggested by Admin cause it looks I am not the only affected.

sarvodyadelhi

There must be some problem in your content, make sure your content is unique and of high quality. You must analyze your website again according to google webmaster's guideline to get rid of this problem.

marco

I am running a forum site and Google quality content is kind of hard to get. But I believe the issue was that I didn't have rel new prev in the code!

I don't see any issues with the site in webmaster tools account! Could you please take a look at my site and figure what Google is not indexing pagination pages?

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.