Last edited:
Reactions: wms

wms

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions: aemathenge

ElixantTechnology

ElixantTechnology
Yes, both topics do dictate different means of discussion.
However, there are many ways that the hosting forums can be divide for more clarity as well. Web Hosting as a whole falls under numerous categories and I do believe the format things are in now things can get a little bit cluttered.

I would suggest creating subcatagories within the Web Hosting category such as those for Managed Hosting/Shared Hosting, VPS/VDS Hosting and Managed/Dedicated Servers. Not only will this open up for more discussion, but keep things nicely organized. This might also attract other target groups and invite them to join discussions.

aemathenge

Thank you for the clarity.

I now have a new feature to use when researching topics here on WMS: The advanced search link.

aemathenge

Thank you for putting my thoughts into clarity!

However, there are many ways that the hosting forums can be divide for more clarity as well. Web Hosting as a whole falls under numerous categories and I do believe the format things are in now things can get a little bit cluttered.

I guess the above is what I was trying to say. Only I do not know how to go about re-organizing sub-categories.

ElixantTechnology

ElixantTechnology
This would more or less be the responsibility of the forum administrator, as they would have access to make such changes. If the administrator would like to discuss this further, I would be more than willing to give some input on suggestions to how I think that section specificially could be better organized. Well, actually, here is the layout I was thinking.

-Web Hosting Discussion (Main Category)

-- Web Hosting Discussion (Category)
---- Reseller Hosting Tutorials (Sub-Category)
-- Reseller Hosting Discussion (Category)
---- Web Hosting Tutorials (Sub-Category)
-- Virtual Servers Discussion (Category)
---- Virtual Servers Tutorials (Sub-Category)
-- Dedicated Servers Discussion (Category)
---- Dedicated Servers Tutorials (Sub-Category)

Now, everyone has their own way of doing things. I'm just voicing how I would, personally.

wms

Administrator
Staff member
@ElixantTechnology , will do as your suggestions when right time. At this time, forum is growing and open new categories with less posts or empty, it will not be good for viewers or bad experience for new members

Cheers

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.