How do you prepare for massive traffic?

Jovani

Hi everyone,

I am just curious about something. as the most common that we used to start with a "Shared Hosting" is the cheapest and that's the first thing we go for a website. So if your websites have potential to get more visitors, huge traffic, and it grows so that a "Shared Hosting" can't accommodate with amount of that traffic, your hosting will be crashed, the what will you do to solve this problem?

Your share is appreciated!

Hassan

Let us know your daily traffic/ concurrent connections on web so that we can tell where to look thank you.

Jovani

Jovani
No my websites are getting no more traffic...I only ask for in cases my website has huge traffic suddenly or it grows and I need to find new ways to solve with problem on hosting.

ElixantTechnology

It really depends on how much growth that the site is currently seeing and how much it is expected to see. You typically would plan ahead and study the trends and growth of your online project. In the event that you start growing, and you believe that you have outgrown your current hosting plan, speak with your provider. By monitoring your growth, your host will be able to determine in the long term whether or not a VPS or Dedicated Server would be the best fit for your website.

A decent quad-core Dedicated Server with 24GB of Memory will handle an enormous amount of concurrent connections, but this is all dependent as well on the software platform that you are using. The same goes for a VPS, there are many calculations that need to be taken into consideration.

For most people it's as simple as upgrading from Shared Hosting to a VPS, or from a VPS to a Dedicated Server. Usually when you prepare for one of these upgrades, you want to try and predict the resources you may need in the future, which will allow you to grow. I see time and time again people purchase an upgrade with just enough resources to get by, then as soon as they start growing or get a traffic spike they have to upgrade again.

What I would recommend is getting in the mindest of considering that you will be utilizing the same platform for one year. Try and predict your growth for that year, and make an upgrade that will handle that growth + 30%. I find that a 30% margin is best practice, as who knows, you might under-estimate yourself.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.